Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks nate! look forward to pics of your vic. bumpers are hard to come by in this country but, i will keep an eye out for 'em.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      thanks nate! look forward to pics of your vic. bumpers are hard to come by in this country but, i will keep an eye out for 'em.
      Thanks...
      The Best
      Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

so, when i was dropping off GMGT to buddies shop, i figured that i would see what hub caps look like. i think i might run em!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	GMGT_pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1268981

Click image for larger version

Name:	GMGT_pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	1268981

im kidding

Comment

^Only if it was an '88+ Merc
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Looks good to me with the hubcaps/ O'natural looking.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think the wires require whitewalls. raised white lettering + wire covers looks like you're saving up for either white walls or mag/aluminum wheels.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

i would love to find 245/60/15s with white wall but, they are very rare. i would get a set for the lincoln if i could. this 255/60/15 wheel looks worse with the older style lincoln wire cap

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  i would love to find 245/60/15s with white wall but, they are very rare. i would get a set for the lincoln if i could. this 255/60/15 wheel looks worse with the older style lincoln wire cap
                  Diamondback tires sells something like a 295/50 or some such thing right on the edge of fitting in the fenderwells in a 1 inch whitewall. Once I have the power to justify it myself I'll be getting them. They're something not too far over 200 a piece IIRC. Not counting shipping to Soviet Canuckistan.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                    Diamondback tires sells something like a 295/50 or some such thing right on the edge of fitting in the fenderwells in a 1 inch whitewall. Once I have the power to justify it myself I'll be getting them. They're something not too far over 200 a piece IIRC. Not counting shipping to Soviet Canuckistan.
                    $200 bones? holy fack! and a big LOL to the "soviet canuckistan". in soviet kanadia place, tim hortons drinks you! lol.

im actually thinking of turning the white letters inside in the future. something about the black walls, thats so clean. i dont know if its me but, i find it harder keeping white letters clean, compared to white walls lol.

on a lighter note, GMGT sits on the hoist. slowly getting the rear gear and front brakes done. im wondering about the AOD. should i get a complete trans, or just put a new valve body and torque coverter in the current one. the current trans i put in, seems like it was rebuilt some time ago and looks clean but, i like the idea of having a fresh unit installed in the car.

Comment

i figure id give an update. the rear gear is in and heater core has been replaced. i ended up making my own heater core restrictor, from copper plumbing lol. right now, i need to mount the ford amp and plug in the headunit. then i need to clean the car in and out. anywho, here is a short exhaust clip. i think you guys deserve that lol. note: i dont know why the idle sounds weird in the vid. it just might be my camera.

Comment

8====>~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Like chitownvic said.

Idle doesn't sound too wierd, unless you mean the lope. Which sounds badaz to me.

Packman

Comment

Yeah, if you have the HO it lopes because of the firing order, I had mine running quite a bit rich, O2 sensors not hooked up (no cats or Mufflers) & it sounded like so: Of course that's with 2.5" pipes all the way back through. Mine runs rough & tries to stall out on startup due to the sensors not being hooked up. Getting it taken care of Thursday.
                            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Very Nice!.. I want that cam lope so bad Haha

Comment

That ain't an HO, unless he's changed motors. Its a CFI motor with a 4bbl, or at least thats what it was last I drove it. Timing sounds a little late, and/or the idle mix is off.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X