Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice find!

I always wished I had the vented fenders. So cool!!!!

I remember years back now when I picked up my NOS drivers side door that the guy had one vented NOS fender as well.....I wished I picked that up too as the prices were killer.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The prices are still killer. I located some states side but, they want $950 for the pair. Almost choked when I heard that. Plus, they are used. I may put a offer on that fender if, I can source a LH side.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        The prices are still killer. I located some states side but, they want $950 for the pair. Almost choked when I heard that. Plus, they are used. I may put a offer on that fender if, I can source a LH side.
        Damn! You might have to sell a kidney.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I am hoping I can sell my appendix lol

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            But, the pimpin' ain't easy right now. Them hoes legs keep freezing up. Dem fools wont pay for stiff tricks

Comment

My mouldings and steering column came in this week, all the way from California. These parts are from Mainemantom's old '82 marquis brougham coupe. The mouldings are in tact but, door sections need love. Might just go all out and have them re anodized, since the rest is in nice shape. Also, I'm glad I got the column too. Its in real nice shape. Will get pics when I can lay out all this stuff.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Did some quick polishing to verify condition. This stuff is not really bad. Its miles better than the current mouldings on the car. And yes, the pics suck lol.

The steering column is nice too. Bearings are nice and tight. Steering wheel is toast though.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got the parts ok. They do look very good for 212,000 mile parts and surviving Mojave desert heat! Did they send the steering column covers and ignition key ?

Comment

Yea, I though the stuff was going to be in worse condition. The mouldings are not perfect but, shine up pretty decent. So, I can hold off re anodizing for a while. Only sucky thing is, the clips we junk. I guess the heat made them brittle. No biggie, I can modify mine. I thought I saved my originals years back but, guess not. And no column shroud but, I do have key. No big deal, using my cordovan column shroud and steering wheel anyway. Any pics of your '83?

Also, sold my spare doors. Gone to a good home.

Comment

Clips I have seen on Ebay under Ford Nos I can keep a look out for them. If you need the part number, let me know. Click image for larger version

Name:	PA100169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1273815Click image for larger version

Name:	PA100170.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1273814
                        Last edited by Mainemantom; 02-24-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

That would be great, since the mouldings are an inch in height difference. I have part numbers from my for manuals. And that's cool that, the '83 is the same color scheme lol. Let me know if it ever comes up for sale. The old man might ditch both panthers, for one good one.

Comment

You have a PM on the clips.

Comment

Ok, so. I am getting ready to prep the fender louvers for GMGT and came up with an idea that now, is really trouble some lol. Initially, I was going to have them painted body color, like they were from factory. But now, I had a crazy idea to paint them in the dark red color, that the rest of the trim is in. I need some opinions. Will this look tacky? Or, maybe should I get the louvers chromed? Hmmmm...

Comment

I'd like to see them in the red accent color, but I too am unsure if it will look too tacky.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X