Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong with the heater core is that you haven't changed it yet.

But seriously when you are that close to the damn thing it is wise to change it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I agree. It wasn't going out though when I had it. Still, not a bad idea especially up there
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        today at lunch, i gots the rear bumper and tail lights off. also i got the front bumper of the silver '81. they say sat will be nice so im gonna put the front bumper on and just maybe be able to remove the dashes from both cars. once i get GMGT pretty much stripped i can get the windshield replaced.
        While you have the bumper off, take it apart and clean it up and paint the insides and the support to prevent future rusting! And if you felt so inclined with the dash down, you can get teh a/c functional too. Or completely remove the ac, and do it the right way. *Looks at Tom, and then at evaporator*
        Last edited by 86VickyLX; 11-13-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

The heater core is original, thats whats wrong with it. If you've got the dash out, its minutes to swap. Or you can put it all together and then spend several hours doing the core. Me personally, it would just get a new one while its easy.

Ugly rust on the 81, I see why you're using it for parts. And yay on putting the proper front end back on the car. I always liked the early front end better.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol, i was joking about the heater core, i have a spare new one that im gonna put in. id like to remove the A/C stuff from the dash but we will see. i really cant wait to get this thing painted and put back together! lol also tom, can you give me a low down on the fuel pump set up? is the inercia switch still in use?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

lol also tom, can you give me a low down on the fuel pump set up? is the inercia switch still in use?
              Start the car up and smack the switch you will find your answer A good wack with your hand should set it off.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

^smart ass lol^

Comment

the project is going slowly but, surly. got the dash out of GMGT and got half way on taking the dash off the '81. also started to take the vinly off the roof off but, need to wait till i get the head liner out of GMGT to get the roof chrome strip off. couple little things to take off, and she will be ready for paint

Comment

OOOH! Looking good! I love the slotted bumper!

Comment

Great job lots of progress made mang!

This is really bothering me though....This hole underneath where the atc sensor would be wtf is that hole for? I see both your 81 and toms car has it??? my car does not so whats the dealeo?

Attached Files
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Great job lots of progress made mang!

This is really bothering me though....This hole underneath where the atc sensor would be wtf is that hole for? I see both your 81 and toms car has it??? my car does not so whats the dealeo?

Mercury thing?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          Mercury thing?
                          Very well could be but wth is the purpose of it? In both cars its not even utilized!
                          ~David~

Comment

i have no clue, i looked in my book and it dont state any reason for it. i was thinking, once i get the dash into GMGT, im gonna get a '88 speedo cluster and put it in. but, im on the fence about it since i like the '81 speedo aswell

Comment

I thought of something, maybe it's the proof of existance of the Grand Marquis Cop Car. That's the hole where they ran the wires through for the gauges! Probably not, but there's nothing else to go by right now.

Comment

i have no clue, i looked in my book and it dont state any reason for it. i was thinking, once i get the dash into GMGT, im gonna get a '88 speedo cluster and put it in. but, im on the fence about it since i like the '81 speedo aswell
                                hmmm how to they both look??? I am a Crown Vic guy
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X