Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im working on it, every time i go to the shop latly, i forget my cammera but ill get more pics. right now its sorta on hold till the windshield guy comes and does the windshild. right now im sourceing out someone to take the car over winter and take on the body and paint. so durring the winter ill try to get pics when the paint is in progress, no promises lol this sat im goin in the morn to get my wagon oilsprayed then going to the shop to take the front header pannel off the other car and see if i can use it since it was dammaged once. once spring comes, gmgt will be good as new

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i thought about a pm but i'll post public and suffer the consequences

if i missed something somewhere plz scuse - i read a bit through the this *tire size that *tire size discussion but i like the look of your '81

what *tire size are you running? looks like a nice fit
      Last edited by 81ltd; 12-04-2009, 08:59 PM. Reason: *

Comment

thats a completly ligit question, the car has 15''wheels all around but, 235/60 on front and 275/60 on rear.

Comment

thanks

you work at that golf course?

Comment

ummm i dont work at a golf course, i fix boats for a living lol

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              i fix boats for a living lol
              OOOOOOooooooOOOOoo.... we have MUCH to discuss! I've got a busted heap of a 25-foot 1975 Starcraft Chieftain taking up my driveway. It has a rough looking Mercury model-? outdrive and a ford 302 that's loose. I'll probably either work on it this spring, or drag it out into the bay with my other boat and pull the plug.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
              1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

ummm i dont work at a golf course, i fix boats for a living lol

i recognized the toro and john deer mowers in the background of one of the pics of your '81

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
                  OOOOOOooooooOOOOoo.... we have MUCH to discuss! I've got a busted heap of a 25-foot 1975 Starcraft Chieftain taking up my driveway. It has a rough looking Mercury model-? outdrive and a ford 302 that's loose. I'll probably either work on it this spring, or drag it out into the bay with my other boat and pull the plug.
                  its gots a 188 mercruiser lol some of them were refered to as a 888 aswell

Comment

Where are teh PICTURES!!
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

its gots a 188 mercruiser lol some of them were refered to as a 888 aswell
                      Yep, that's the one. Know anything about the outdrives? More specifically the tilt/trim hydraulics and wiring?

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

all depends on what you need to know towards your problem lol anywho...dont thread jack lol

Comment

I know some mercruiser stuff as well, but it really ought to be in a seperate thread. Its not too involved honestly.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

all depends on what you need to know towards your problem lol anywho...dont thread jack lol
                            I sowwy...

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

god damn fucking camera!lol ill get pics monday for sure, sorry lol. today i met with the guy who usally does body work and paint on the side for our work trucks for a quote for GMGT. first thing he liked was how rust free the car was and i think he really started to admire the car and my interest in getting it restored. since im dealing with this new guy(not the guy who painted the lincoln) it is a bit more money but, he said he will only fix and paint the car unless he can do it properly. this includes taking the doors, hood and trunk lid off and blasting the car down to its primer and or bare metal. he also would like to replace the quarter that is damaged if we can find one rust free from the states. if not, he will try to work with what he has got. only other thing is now im trying to track down a header panel since the one on the parts car is fuged. so depending on what the final quote will be depending on what will happen with the quarter panel issue, GMGT will be off for the make over! ill keep you guys posted

Comment

What's the skinny on the exhaust on this car? I am looking to run an H pipe into some side-exit pipes with no mufflers...is that what this system is like? Details please
                                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                                X