Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    I thought of something, maybe it's the proof of existance of the Grand Marquis Cop Car. That's the hole where they ran the wires through for the gauges! Probably not, but there's nothing else to go by right now.

That's what I was thinking, but seems like a bit of a stretch.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
      That's what I was thinking, but seems like a bit of a stretch.
      It is because that entire area would be hacked out because of clearance issues for said gauges.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        It is because that entire area would be hacked out because of clearance issues for said gauges.
        x2
        The cop gauges require a big rectangular hole.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
        1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
          I just hope my GMGT plate didnt make the trip north
          Your GMGT plate from the sunshine state is sitting here in a box along with the rest of your stuff - come on man, give us some credit here

Comment

That is commin along. It always makes me happy seeing a box get a new start on life. One day hopefully soon mine will get a redemption.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

today i got all main parts of dash and heater box back in. hey tom, why is the fan risitor missing? anywho, im gonna wait to put the wood trim back on the dash till i get the car painted. i was surprised to learn that the dash isent real hard to swap, i got about an hour or so on removal and less than a hour to install. i know this, cause i put the dash in on my lunch hour lol. this weekend i will start taking the interior out and need to switch the steering wheel over. it would be a huge bonus if someone would come by and take and be able to use the blue interior.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Originally posted by moneypit View Post
                x2
                The cop gauges require a big rectangular hole.
                X3.

I had an '89 P72 that came with them from the factory. There was a pocket molded into the dash there for the police gauges.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  today i got all main parts of dash and heater box back in. hey tom, why is the fan risitor missing? anywho, im gonna wait to put the wood trim back on the dash till i get the car painted. i was surprised to learn that the dash isent real hard to swap, i got about an hour or so on removal and less than a hour to install. i know this, cause i put the dash in on my lunch hour lol. this weekend i will start taking the interior out and need to switch the steering wheel over. it would be a huge bonus if someone would come by and take and be able to use the blue interior.
                  oops sorry mang
                  borrowed it for yucatechs cruiser a while back......oem one never got here in time......will the oe from the 81 fit or do you need me to mail you one?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

no worries mate, mine will wor since its new with a update pigtail from ford. i was just wondering if there was a reason for it lol

Comment

MOAR UPDATES
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

easy tiger, shit lol i forgot my camera yesterday so i couldent get any pics but, the dash is all together with the speedo cluster and whatnot. i also got the hood swapped over to since my hood is heavier and rust free. so as the car sits, waiting for the windshield swap to be done this week, i just need to take the seats and carpet out and take off the rest of the vinyl and she will be ready for paint. im right now trying to get a hold of someguys i know who do side work to fix and paint GMGT. also, im in a bit of a pickle with tail lights, im leaning over to the ones off the '81 instead of GMGTs origonals...

Comment

81 tails are ugly, keep the 84 ones
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

what kinda sparked the 81 tails is that the origonal pass side taillight isent in good shape and im not able to locate a set but, i got 2 sets of the "ugly"ones. anotherthing, the 81 tails would be year correct to the VIN and would mean keeping another set of origonal parts in use from my car. all in all, ill make a decision once the car is painted but, im kinda liking the older tail lights. also, i ran into a snag with the steering wheel swap but, will be able to make the new wheel work. the '81 non tilt wheel is splined while the '84 tilt wheel is double notched on the shaft. so im going to have to take the dremel tool to the splines to mock the shape of the notch on the tilt column. no biggie tho, ill get her done.

Comment

Need moar updates!
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Love the two doors, Judging by your other vehicles this one is going to be nothing short of spectacular. Keep the pics coming and sweet ride.
                                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X