My 1989 F-150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1989 F-150

Welp, I guess I will make a build thread, You will being seeing alot of updates on this one.

It is a 1989 Ford F-150, has a 5.0 with a 5 speed, a 2-3" body lift, 35" Wild Country RVT tires. I just got it for $700.

Heres some pics,

Enjoy...

And Heres me playin in the snow a little bit, theres alot more pics, I just dont feel like posting them, lol.

---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

And already, heres some updates, lol.

Today, I replaced the rotted nasty doors with some nice n shiny new ones, and I also replaced the almost non-existant bumper with a rust free new one.

I am still in the process of adjusting everything, I am still transfering the manual window parts into the electric window door, I will be done tomorrow with everything.

Heres the progress Pics...

Enjoy...

Heres what the bumper looked like before:

Then...SHazammm..that nasty thing is off... Yay :-dancing1

Now, here is the new one...Mmmmm Nice and shiny... well, not shiny yet, I still have to polish it lol.

------------

Now, onto the doors, I got some nice, rust free doors in the deal...the drivers has a piece of bondo that fell out though, nothing major. I am still swaping out the manual window inside into the electric window door. I should be done tomorrow.

Nasty doors on...

Nasty doors off...

New shiny ones on

There should be more updates tomorrow...

Thanks for looking...
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Cool. Looking better with the new doors, bumper and mirrors already.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

holy shit, amazing what some body panels/doors will do to the look of the truck. noice work bro. i should get some pics of the 95 F150 5L/5speed/4X4 i bought not too long ago

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Cool. Looking better with the new doors, bumper and mirrors already.
          Originally posted by marquisman View Post
          holy shit, amazing what some body panels/doors will do to the look of the truck. noice work bro. i should get some pics of the 95 F150 5L/5speed/4X4 i bought not too long ago
          Hahah thanks !!! Yea, the doors really made the truck look "better". But, with the new doors on, it made the rest of the truck look nasty lol.

And yea marquisman, Post em up !!! lol

------

Welp, didnt get much done today, all I did was get a new key made for the locks on the new doors, (the old door locks wouldnt interchange). I forgot to get screw-in rivets, so I can mount all of the manual window stuff into the new doors, so I coudnt do much.

But tomorrow I'm gonna be busy for sure. :

Heres what I got:
          Oil Change
          Injector cleaner
          Spark Plugs/wires
          Cap/rotor
          Fuel Filter
          Air Filter
          Wiper Blades
          Complete Rad. Flush

Next week I will hopefully get the ball joints, I am ordering some Moog Greasables to, so I hope they will last, anyone have any "Pros Or Cons" on them ???

Heres a pic of what I got today, all $130 of it.

Thanks...

Comment

looks like cool new project truck

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Looks like a good project.

Planning on fixing the exhaust too?
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I thought you were pretty cool until:

Seriously, Twilight? What the hell dude.

What the hell.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Well, didnt get much doen today, chaged the sparke plugs/wires, and put in the Fuel Injector Cleaner in the tank, so far, it seems to run a little smoother, but still have a ways to go lol.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  Looks like a good project.

Planning on fixing the exhaust too?
                  Yep, just fixed that today, it broke loose when we were slammin snow piles a while ago lol...

Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
                  I thought you were pretty cool until:

Seriously, Twilight? What the hell dude.

What the hell.
                  Uhhmmm Ummmmmm...Its not mine, I swear !!!

HAhahahahahah...I was hoping no none would notice that though lol...I was using it as a knee pad because there was that puddle there and I was working on the door... but its my sisters, and was the nearest thing at the time Lol....but I know I will probly be called a liar LOL.

Comment

I believe you.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
                      I believe you.
                      I don't. I think the man is a flaming sissy now.

Comment

Seriously, nice project.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                          I don't. I think the man is a flaming sissy now.
                          Flaming sissy eh ??? Well...well...your a flaming sissy !!!

take that !!!

Originally posted by johnunit View Post

Seriously, nice project.

Lol, aww man, I just got that a few years ago.

Thanks lol.

---------

Some updates...

Yesterday I forgot to mention when I changed the plugs, wires, cap & rotor. it went smooth until I got to the #2 plug. It took me atleast 5 minutes to take out the plug, and thats not putting the socket on, or getting situated, thats accually loosening it, I was afraid I was going to break it and have to pull the engine just because of a spark plug lol.

Then Today, I changed the oil, oil filter (put in about the worst spot), fuel filter, put on the new wiper blades, cleaned out the overflow tank, added washer fluid, and found some un-connected vaccum hoses.

But the main thing I did today was put the manual widow mechanism in the doors. I got a new rivet gun from Harbor Freight, that was about the best $20 Ive spent in a while. Everything went in like it should, it works perfectly, very smooth when rolling up/down.

Heres some pics of the progress...

Old crappy cap on.

New one. Does anybody know what that black thing accually does ??? I've always wondered that...

Old rotor on.

New one.

Old and new wires.

Injector cleaner goin in...

New Fuel filter.

New oil Filter.

Thanks...
                          Last edited by Bowman85merc; 01-28-2010, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Now heres the door internal swap pics.

Rivet Gun, and rivets, again, best $20 ive spent in a while.

Door without anything in them.

Door with manual internals.

PUtting a rivet in.

Close up of rivet, looks factory.

Doors finished, also put on a thin sheet of cardboard, (I couldnt get the plastic off in one peice), and I put in some Rockford Fostgate speakers, sounds amazing now.

And now just some of the aftermath...

And theres still more to come...

Stay tuned...

Thanks.

Comment

I always lose control of the rivet gun once the rivet pops. Did you experience that as well?
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X