1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Stop it all. Enough bickering. If anyone wants to continue this discussion in OTB then go ahead but it stops in this thread right here right now.
    You can remove my posts if you want, not a huge deal to me I didn't know it was a huge deal. My apologies to you and Andyfawshane.

Your car is coming along very nicely I love all the work you've done so far.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

great progress so far I enjoy reading this readers ride great work

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        i like the copper lines. they are prolly better than regular steel ones...and awsome progress!
        My thought too. And 2x on the awesome!

Strong Arm: beer, and.... engine hoists?

Pete
        Originally posted by gadget73
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
          My thought too. And 2x on the awesome!

Strong Arm: beer, and.... engine hoists?

Pete
          Wow! That fuel tank caused a bit of a stir! Don't worry, it is all done and finished and partly painted with no explosions or loss of limbs:smirk:

Trust me, I know what I am doing.

Interesting thoughts though.
          I'll post some more photos up tomorrow-getting late now (midnight ish!!).

No apologies needed though.
          Andy.

PS Strong arm?..yes. Engine hoist?..yes. Beer?...never!
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Just one mention, the lines he's using are a copper-nickel alloy, not just soft copper like you'd find at Home Depot. Soft copper tubing of that sort is NOT rated for the pressures in a brake system.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wouldn't trust standard copper tubing anyway, especially because the stuff corrodes so easily.
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                I wouldn't trust standard copper tubing anyway, especially because the stuff corrodes so easily.

Good job its not standard tubing then!!:smirk:

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Copper holds up pretty well to the environment, its the pressure that worries me. Not interested in floorboarding the brakes and having the hard line develop a tumor.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

To further the tank prep, I media blasted the top of the fuel pump and top of the sender unit to make sure it is all clear when they are pulled out

Here's the fuel pump appearing into daylight

Inside of the tank looks perfect.

Sender unit removed and rustproofer sprayed around the hole

New O ring and clamp plate installed

Both tops of the sender and pump heavily rustproofed during and after installation. They are not going rusty again!
                    Then a further 2 hours to degrease and panel wipe the tank ready for paint.

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Here's the media blasted exhaust manifolds.

And the new studs being installed but not before a quick retap

O2 sensors in, all masked off and high temperature paint applied

Onto the plenum. Lets go really bright! 1 hour prep and were are away with etch primer and a white primer to make the red topcoat "pop"!

Install that tomorrow.

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

wow the detail you go to! it's amazing. i'm not sure even foose goes that far!
                        f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
                        86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
                        slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
                        79 fairmont - DD

Comment

More details then!!

Bit more progress today. Only got 2 weeks to get this thing MOT'd!

Dipstick tube painted bright red but with the bracket that bolts to the headers painted black as if it has been burnt!!

Trans pan seriously cleaned up - about 2 hours to do it! Then painted the sexy red.

Here is a view of the pan dropped off the trans

This is a pleasing view. No debris in the pan at all.

New filter

Finally finished painting the tank with epoxy mastic.

Finally a view of the engine bay with the red plenum! Thats BRIGHT!

Andy.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

that red really pops out. i didn't think i was going to like it at first but now that it's all coming back together it's refreshing to see something that isnt ford blue.
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

wow... you're definitely going to have quality presentation material (show car stuff) when you're done. (the engine bay already looks it)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post

PS Strong arm?..yes. Engine hoist?..yes. Beer?...never!
                                Heck Andy I don't care how you do your tank :grin:

Old Peculiar then?

Pete
                                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X