1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 351-lincoln View Post
    haha,:smirk: i would think no. not with bags, little lone shockwave bags. which by the way man, they dont lay as low as a out board shock. but it might not matter because your not notching the rear.
    my regal with bags took a bit of speed to get her to pop on 3.
    Quite right!
    The rear frame may get notched later this year, and the shockwaves can be custom made to have any travel you want. I don't want to 3 wheel, just sit low when parked. At the moment, just on the bump stops will do it!

Custom paint job is going to be designed in the next few days. I'm going to get this thing rolling on its original (but highly painted!) suspension, get it through its annual test (next week or so), then reconstruct the rear inner arches, get it painted, then install air. Thats assuming I'm not divorced by then.

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

incredible!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

standing 3 is possible with bags. requires a limiting strap, or additional air cylinders to push up.. you know i really need to get my wagon bagged
        f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
        86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
        slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
        79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Sorry guys, not been on much. Work is getting busy-exam season just starting.

Anyway, you will all be pleased to know that the engine fired up and ran, but a bit rough! Was eventually traced to a loose connection to the coil and timing was 20 degrees out! Many little leaks but all sorted by tighteneing up various fasteners.
          Now its all the fitting up of front calipers, bleed brakes out, front sway bar, front shox (front springs put back in place of airbag temporarily), front and rear bumpers, last bit of cosmetic welding and its off for its annual test.

When it passes, its bodywork time.

I have a graphic designer coming to photograph the car in the next few days to design a paint job. I'll keep you all posted of the different designs.

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

sweet!
            f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
            86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
            slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
            79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Can't wait to see the design ideas

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

amazing work
                Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post

I have a graphic designer coming to photograph the car in the next few days to design a paint job. I'll keep you all posted of the different designs.

Andy.
                  "Yeah, the only stipulation is that he has to airbrush the woodgrain back onto the car!!!"

Comment

Trying to catch up now.
                    Front calipers (new) painted.

Front sway bar painted

Front springs painted

New drop links

All installed

Heres the EGR completely clogged

Sway bar

Heres the sticking rear fold down seat locking mechanism being cleaned and freed off

All brakes bled out, all suspension bolts tightened....and a serene view of the wagon waiting for its first test drive!

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Received my TV cable from Grand_Marquis_GT in the post!
                      In fabulous condition! Thank you very much GM GT.

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

So tell us... how does it drive?

I know you couldn't wait to go for a spin... Or did you doll up that tv cable first?
                        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                        Open/Lock/Ratio #
                        -----------------------
                        G / H / 2.26
                        B / C / 2.47
                        8 / M / 2.73
                        7 / - / 3.07
                        Y / Z / 3.08
                        4 / D / 3.42
                        F / R / 3.45
                        5 / E / 3.27
                        6 / W / 3.73
                        2 / K / 3.55
                        A / - / 3.63
                        J / - / 3.85

Comment

I dolled up the present TV cable!
                          Haven't been for a test drive yet, couple of silly little jobs let to do.

Andy.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Looking great.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

2 12 hour + days and its bumpers back on today, but have a look whats under the silver foil

and thats with it cleaned up! So major scraping and rustproofer sprayed around.

So thats about it for the first stage of its resurrection. All that remains is to fire it up and see if it moves and stops!

Heres the first photos of its new position for a few days while I do a bit of cosmetic welding.

I only turned it around, but what a fantastic feeling! First time in 6 months it has moved under its own power after an extensive rebuild. And nobody was there to see it...except me.
                              I don't care. I know what has gone into this car. And I know whats to come.

Every single day through the long cold winter in sub zero conditions-with spanners frozen to the floor and water running out of my shoes. No excuses, no sitting in a warm comfy chair, no complaining about how cold or wet it is outside. I didn't realise how lonely it was until the last few days when other people are outside because the weather is better.
                              This feeling is something else.

Heres where it was!

Has it really been that long? This has been hard, and I mean one of the toughest I have ever attempted. The rest won't be easy but the results will start to show.

Thoughts turn to the next project....................................but for now, thanks to all that have been following along. Your inputs have been invaluable.

Now lets get some paint on this thing and bring it to life! ;-)

Andy.
                              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                                Big plans

Comment

Working...
                                X