No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That? Nah. I need to get permission to scan a couple of pictures of the house my wife grew up in. It's in Alaska. Two-story house, first floor on a 3- or 4-foot above-ground crawlspace, and they report more than once having to dig out .... in order to climb out the second story window!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I remember snow like that. Where I live now it'll probably come down hard in January or February.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Lol. Anywhere I've lived, 3-foot drifts are a big deal, and they close school whenever 3-4 inches accumulates.

Actually, that's not entirely true. The high school I graduated from only closed due to snow one day I'm aware of. First winter with the wagon when I was 17, crappy Touring T/A tires, passed any number of leaning telephone poles and tons of FWD and 4WD crap in the ditches on my way there, and I get to school and there's no school. Annoying!
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Oh dear, I've been away too long!!

Enslow has given me a shout, si I had better update.

The weather has been so cold here, it has been impossible to do any work on the car since I now need to prep for paint and actually paint!! No mechanical work is neede on the car so its now to a point where nothing can be done.

So jobs, educating my 2 sons, looking after me elderly parents, DIY on the house, other car jobs....etc has kept me busy!

But the wagon is waiting patiently waiting for its next onslaught-which is coming soon.

Soon I will take each door off one by one and weld up the handles and locks and prep for paint inside my workshop where my custom camaro resides in hibernation.

But for now I needed to paint the inside of the quarter panel where it was all reshaped and welded to protect it from the crappy UK winter. So low temperature epoxy paint was applied inside. And created such a god awful smell inside that I couldn't have worked on it anyway!!

More to come - eventually! Sorry for the lack of progress. This will change soon.

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

We'll let you get by with it... but just this once!

Nah, it's been too cold here to do much to my car either.
            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
            Open/Lock/Ratio #
            -----------------------
            G / H / 2.26
            B / C / 2.47
            8 / M / 2.73
            7 / - / 3.07
            Y / Z / 3.08
            4 / D / 3.42
            F / R / 3.45
            5 / E / 3.27
            6 / W / 3.73
            2 / K / 3.55
            A / - / 3.63
            J / - / 3.85

Comment

what brand of low temperature epoxy paint did you use.

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
                what brand of low temperature epoxy paint did you use.
                Have a look here...

The hardener added can be for normal temperatures or a special one for sub zero conditions.

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

can be brushed and sprayed nice

Comment

I've had an airbrush artist working on my camaro today, and we had a chance to talk about the wagon.

He made an interesting suggestion. After removing the rest of the wood effect vinyl stickers and doing all the necessary repairs/mods, paint the wagon white, then airbrush the wood effect back on from the front but fade it out as it goes through the doors. In effect we have the old staying but evolving as we go along the vehicle!

Further back (back door?) we may paint woody woodpecker in pecking his way through the paint and the wood!

May be interesting!!!?

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Sounds neat especially coming from the artist himself.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that sounds like a fun paint idea. definitely worthy of this one-off restoration.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

done right that could look awesome.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

That could be cool. I'd love to see woodgrain painted on rather than vinyl.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That sounds sweet! Going off of that idea, what about airbrushing flames in the woodgrain, along with the fade and woody woodpecker?
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

No updates yet, but hoping to start again this weekend.
                                BUT.....now bear in mind this is the UK where US cars are quite rare..........I've bought a Lincoln Mark 8!

Watch this space.
                                Andy
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X