No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my shed/workshop up and finished!

Here's as it was a couple of weeks ago..

and here it is now!

Thought this was a nice touch! Although my lovely Wife didn't really agree!

Now I can actually get on with the car!

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Looks nice. I like the V8 "keystone".
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Put the drivers door on the hood (on top of foam before anyone moans and groans!)

Bent the bottom lip back to reveal....guess what?.....nothing! almost zero rust.

Then rustproofer sprayed in from inside and outside

and then heated up to make it run into all the crevices

Here it is hung up slightly to get the rustproofer down where it should be

This is never going to rust out!!

Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Not rusting is a good thing.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Got a week off this week so I have every intention of doing quite a few hours on it.

So, started at 7:30 this morning..........

Plan was to finish the drivers door prep. Since I recrimped the base of the door, it wasn't quite straight anymore. A few wobbles so had to be panel beaten flat again and a skim of filler over the top. You can see it here

After using my favourite long flat bed hand sander (no machines for me!) and a coat of hi build primer, here we are

Since its cold in the UK still (is it ever warm?), this is my heat source directly above the door. It's a G clamp on one of the ceiling joists and an old hair dryer hung from it!

Here's a view of the prep where the mirror and the door handle used to be (good riddance)

Then door turned over and the panel I welded in to get access for the spot welder filled level and all seams sealed.

While all that is drying/setting its time to strip the wood grain off the drivers fender and start welding all the trim holes up.

Fender light removed first, but a bit of rust present

so had to grind one bolt off.

This is the last time its going anywhere near the car! I'm going to weld the hole up.

And here's a satisfying view of all the wood grain coming off the fender

And a casual view of my Lincoln Mark 8 patiently waiting for its new fuel level sender!

And here's all the wood grain vinyl on the floor rather than on the fender! Result.

Loads more to come tomorrow.
            Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

A few decisions have been made on the car!

Firstly the colour has been chosen. I pulled up at a supermarket the other day and saw a Viper metallic Green VW Scirocco parked in the sun. It looked absolutely stunning.

Going to cause a lot more work, but when its sat on the floor on 20's or 22's with black glass, no handles or locks or badges or fuel filler doors or anything else that could stick out, I think it will look awesome!

The second decision is to go with a custom built 68 charger type front end where the 5th gen camaro headlights are buried behind a black grille, with the headlight doors that open. The bumper will be widened and smoothed and colour coded.

Another leap of faith eh?

Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

See, I'd rock that color with woodgrain. Maybe not that vinyl shit that it came with, but proper painted-on woodgrain in the stock locations.

The ditch lights I find interesting. People that have them often don't want them. People who don't have them decide they need them.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  See, I'd rock that color with woodgrain. Maybe not that vinyl shit that it came with, but proper painted-on woodgrain in the stock locations.

The ditch lights I find interesting. People that have them often don't want them. People who don't have them decide they need them.
                  I love my ditch lights
                  2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    That would remind me too much of Chevy Chase's National Lampoon adventure! And that's been done!!

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                      I love my ditch lights
                      Thats a fine, clean looking machine you have there!

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I would keep the ditch lights for sure.

the color looks great...makes me think of the new camaro, i've seen a number of them in that color.
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                          That would remind me too much of Chevy Chase's National Lampoon adventure! And that's been done!!

Andy.
                          you are gonna have the wagon, that clark actually wanted!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I think the color will look awesome.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'd love to see something done with the front end. The idea sounds awesome.

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Primed reverse side of door this morning

and then stored it in my shed!! I now need the space to perform surgery on the fender.

I love the view of a totally smooth door

Here's the drivers fender stripped of the wood

Now I need access to the back of the fender when welding the holes up, so inner fender needs to come off. Needless to say, I'm sure some fasteners will be seized.

Here it is before

and here it is after

Now its welding holes up time and then fender removal for media blasting

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X