My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Meh, anything sound-related just adds unnecessary weight!
    considering all the other stuff that gets carted in that car... another 50 pounds ain't gonna do much.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

well today i picked up for $50 a set of mint condition Fox Body Mustang Cobra Exhaust Tips. they look sick made of t 304 stainless steel they will never rust. pics later.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
        well today i picked up for $50 a set of mint condition Fox Body Mustang Cobra Exhaust Tips. they look sick made of t 304 stainless steel they will never rust. pics later.
        Where'd you find those?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Where'd you find those?

my boss at the junkyard i work at had them off his cobra he saved them. so i cut the tips off the tailpipes and put them on my car they look great. the tailpipes i still have and am selling them at ScottFest 2011 for $25 for both.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

just found out the tips arent from a fox body cobra there from a 2003 mustang cobra Even Better they are cool.
            Last edited by MattsLincoln; 06-26-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Meh, anything sound-related just adds unnecessary weight!
              I disagree with this statement. I consider my train horns very necessary.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                lol i wont play neil at scottfest got some wooly bully at scottfest and some more great tunes. name a song i probably have it on my ipod. i will be taking requests at scottfest.
                You're still getting your ass kicked.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                  You're still getting your ass kicked.

it was a joke lol.

Comment

update today. i have been working on the digital hybrid cluster so far i am surprised it's coming out good. gonna black out the faces so it all is black and when you turn on the key all you see are the digital display. got some pics of it so far and also pics of my new tips. i have the fuel gauge all installed buying me a new town car electric sender. yeah i heard there onobtanium but i found a ford parts website that has them in stock.

http://www.fordpartswebsite.com/secc...20124/3/20124/

pics

Comment

installing the digital speedo face tommorow in the cluster.

Comment

well heres another update on my digi cluster today i got everything in place and tommorow is assembling day. i used goop to hold the speedo and fuel gauge to the cluster. painted the faces black and this is going very well.

Comment

sneek peek at what the finished project will look like

Comment

Looking fancy!
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

it came out very good. i cant wait to install it tomorrow. cant wait for my new nos electric fuel sender coming next week too.

Comment

If you install it tomorrow, how will you know how much gas you have in your tank?

Comment

Working...
                                X