No announcement yet.

My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well got video and photo images loading now.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

well heres pics and a video. I didn't blast the horn too loud as it was dark and i didn't want to wake the neighbors up. Later another day i will get more close up footage of it blowing as this was taken a distance away from the horns due to how loud they are. Next time i will put the camera near the grill for max sound. Sounds good though. I due honestly think it will give an old person a heart attack though so i got to use it wisely like coming out of a store and spooking the crap out of people. Yeah it's no air train horn but for electric Stock GM 6 Note Horns it is the closest sounding of a train 8 passing by

The horns consist of different notes. 3 low notes and 3 High notes

Notes are

A,C,D,F,G,H,J, plus my stock horns

pics

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

video

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=100_1729.mp4

Comment

Hm, maybe it's me, but I can't find H and J on my piano .....

Somewhat discordant, but rather interesting!
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

longer video! longer video!

sounds mean.
            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
            1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

haha that's awesome!
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

What happened to the black on the manifolds? They burn off that quick?

Comment

yes they burned off that quickly.

Comment

yeah there are no H or J in the music scale, its A - G, then back around again on the next octave. It does sound a smidge discordant though, maybe try disconnecting the stock horms to see if it sounds more natural.

Also keep an extra horn relay around. With the extra horns, it may kill the relay.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

my stock horns are what power the rest of the horns in a series. It goes from High note To Low Note. I keep the stock ones on for more loudness. And when you here them in person they way louder.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                        my stock horns are what power the rest of the horns in a series. It goes from High note To Low Note. I keep the stock ones on for more loudness. And when you here them in person they way louder.
                        That's not series. :lol: That's parallel, Parallel equals more current, series equals less.

If you were to wire them in series, the ground path of the horn would go to the feed side of the next horn. Kinda like Christmas lights.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          That's not series. :lol: That's parallel, Parallel equals more current, series equals less.

If you were to wire them in series, the ground path of the horn would go to the feed side of the next horn. Kinda like Christmas lights.

oh ok. These horns are grounded when you bolt them down to metal. they don't use a ground wire. This little mod only cost me $18 not bad and pleased with the sound. Can here it a mile away.

Comment

who wants to place bets on when the fuse/relay burn up?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              yeah there are no H or J in the music scale, its A - G, then back around again on the next octave. It does sound a smidge discordant though, maybe try disconnecting the stock horms to see if it sounds more natural.
                              I though it sounded like an H flat.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                                who wants to place bets on when the fuse/relay burn up?
                                me!

Comment

Working...
                                X