X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    I though it sounded like an H flat.
    I was thinking more a B# :p

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      me!
      x2

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Horn Comparison video tomorrow. I will first start of with the stock horns and add one note at a time to them. After i finish blowing the whole 8 of them i will then disconnect the stock horns and run just the gm horns from one note to the next note and then i will play them connected to the next note until i reach the 6 one and blow the 6 together. From there you guys decide which ones should be hooked up for best sound.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

we still taking bets on how long that relays gonna last?
          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
          1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
            we still taking bets on how long that relays gonna last?
            Yeah, a real long sounding of the horns will most likely weld the contacts of the relay. Causing the horns to sound constantly.

Comment

i got a different type of relay on there. I have a more powerful relay on there to power the horns. My shop teacher had them lying around.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

bah... all bets are off. he actually put in a good relay first.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

well i am going to do the horn comparison hopefully tomorrow. I think i found why the horns sound discordant one of the horns was disconnected. Here's another video that is longer and max sound. It was loud enough to set a car alarm off after the video.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

that sounds pretty good now.

Comment

it does. Scares the crap out of people and make babies cry and car alarms go off.

Comment

Nice echo on it. A horn is meant to get peoples attention.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

true and i asked my automotive teacher if he swapped the relay with the better one and he said my car has no horn relay. So i checked didn't see any and checked my shop manual and it says also that 1979-1984 do not use a horn relay due to there stalk triggering. When they switch it to the horn pads thats when the used a horn relay. So i have no relay. Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Nice echo on it. A horn is meant to get peoples attention.
                            :cops:
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

holy crap. I've been wondering if this (on a slightly less absurd scale, just adding 2 "extra loud freeway blaster" parts store horns to go with the stockers) would work. I guess I've got my answer. Very sweet.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                                true and i asked my automotive teacher if he swapped the relay with the better one and he said my car has no horn relay. So i checked didn't see any and checked my shop manual and it says also that 1979-1984 do not use a horn relay due to there stalk triggering. When they switch it to the horn pads thats when the used a horn relay. So i have no relay. Sweet.
                                Say bye to the switch then.

Comment

Working...
                                X