Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its crooked...lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      its crooked...lol
      yeah... I tried to correct it... but the sticky stuck before I got it in the exact place I wanted it and I'm not about to redo that crap. it's also slightly bent between the K and V from God knows what. It's also about an inch too high... but meh. I'm not going for showroom quality here.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It was bent like that when I originally got it from you, no idea why.

After I mailed it out to you again, I wished I had wrapped it in bubble wrap beforehand. Was thinking about all those letter sorting machines it would have had to go through. Glad to see it got there unscathed though. Looks good on there.

Comment

It will do.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            It will do.
            This!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

ok... got the new hinge on the Mark. The body lines are now correct, but the pinstripe is off. F'n POS paint job. It's NOT the factory job either. I don't EVER want to have to do that again. My back is KILLING right now. Also put 2357 lights in the tails. they're a little brighter... but not much. Maybe I should mount some truck LEDs in the rear deck over the high mount. or put my ROB the robot brake light in the Mark. That was the mount I made for the Pontiac I had (last pic)
              Attached Files

Comment

Look what I saw today:

Holy crap!!!!!!

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

yeah... viccy is still not happy.

Comment

True. Im heading back down there this weekend and will try to help them out. I hope.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

I'm surprised that pic came out. I mean, it's too much awesome in one spot. Kinda like when Chuck Norris and Mr. T both walked into a bar and the bar instantly exploded from too much awesome in one place.
                      It was close.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        .....Kinda like when Chuck Norris and Mr. T both walked into a bar and the bar instantly exploded from too much awesome in one place.
                        It was close.

-ryan s.

My head almost exploded thinking about that concept.

Sly: That ROB brake light mod is friggin awesome. I now wish we hadn't sent (or tried to) our ROB into orbit those many decades ago.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                          I'm surprised that pic came out. I mean, it's too much awesome in one spot. Kinda like when Chuck Norris and Mr. T both walked into a bar and the bar instantly exploded from too much awesome in one place.
                          It was close.

-ryan s.
                          im just getting my head around that amount of awsome...is there any better kind of awsome?

i just checked the dictionary, for the definition of awsome. Chuck Norris' and Mr. T's pictures only came up. thats the purest form of awsome out there! wow...there is alot of awsome in this this thread.

Comment

get ready for some more awesome of work in progress...

The 3rd brake light on the Mark is getting re-done. The parts got here a day earlier than expected, so I've managed to assemble all the stuff in the brake light housing. I just have yet to install it in the car. There will be no mistaking the stopping now. Pics up to the initial test:

The mutilated reflectors (don't need those any more)

The diffuser

The general idea

The epoxy is set

The other side

Not for automotive use my ass... just needs a 12V regulator ala one fat resistor (1 watt) and a 12V zener diode (5 watt)

Used some speed clips to help keep the housing together (it was glued together, but it has clips too... might as well use the clips)

THE TEST
                            Attached Files

Comment

if i ever own a car new enough for a third brake light, i want to do somethin similar. i would take a bright LED strip light and and mount it on the bottom of the glass, edge to edge. would be like them new escalades.

Comment

installed pic... BUYAH!

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X