No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great Jason. I am liking white cars a lot right now.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      do whale side mirrors fit aero panther doors? they would look awsome on your car.
      no clue. I don't think so, though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

new... shiny... 130A alternator...

then discovered the crack in the coolant crossover...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Is it a crack, or a casting defect? Is it leaking?

Comment

My eyes must be getting old - doesn't look cracked. No sign of old coolant, either. I'm voting with John unless further evidence shows up. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Here's a cropped of the large image for those who need a better look. It's cracked through to the threads and the coolant muck is down in the engine valley behind the water pump with a stain on the coolant crossover. I think this happened when I put the new ECT in. It wasn't there when I brought it home.
              Attached Files

Comment

NOW I see it. How are you going to repair/replace?

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

jb weld for aluminum or replace? Though a tap would be handy if you were going to patch it.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I may JB weld it. it's such a slow leak right now that it's not a big deal. I'll be fixing it before oct 5th though.

Comment

digital speedo installed. No more dicking with broken plastic gears.

The fit and finish is a little rough... but I free-handed most of this with my dremel. You can see the light bleeding through below the edge of the new speedo due to the fact it's mounted on the clear lens and the white body of the speedo is reflecting the backlights for the gear indicator. If I ever have the cluster out again... I'll black out that area... but I doubt that will happen since there's no more mechanicals.

Comment

Just sawl on your facebook page does it show odo as well does the speedo read right?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

the odo is the one with the 2.0 in it (the LCD below the LED display). I calibrated it as close to 16000 pulses in 2 miles as I could get... it's pretty much dead on now.

Comment

Nice its a brand new car only 2 miles on it lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

That's one way to roll back the odometer. Just put a new one in!

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

The first pic, you can see the missing teeth... there's one tooth visible in the last pic.

The second pic is the gear I made the first time (goes on the back of the first pic) out of an RC gear that was twice as thick and used some rod to fill the center hole enough to work. Glued together with plastic welder epoxy. It still looks ok. The electrics and all work if anyone wants the core of the speedo. The planetary is shot but the little gear is ok and will be included. If there's no offers by the end of the week, it goes in the trash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1964s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	1270018Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1965s.jpg
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	1270019Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1966s.jpg
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	1270020

Comment

Working...
                                X