No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. What brand is the header panel? How well does it line up with the rest of the panels?

Comment

it's pretty true as far as body lines go. The pisser was getting the grill on (top center alignment hold not punched) and the ornament hole was all manner of way off (centered... no problem there, but the small holes weren't aligned where they needed to be so I had to buzz the big hole closer to the front most little hole and then waller out the rear little hole to move it forward about as far. But with the ornament on, you can't see any of that so meh. It doesn't come with the headlight bezel screw retainers... so I'll have to find a set of those. bah.

It's some made in Taiwan "various mfg" from Rock Auto.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks good! Good to hear that the RockAuto "header panel special" does the job just fine. Does it seem as sturdy as the original?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

seems to be... though the brackets on this one showed it was the last on the shelf at Rock Auto (now there's a 6-day delay for supplier warehouse). I swapped the metal over from my car since it has less rust on it. Though I kept the metal on hand cause I'll likely use it to rig something else.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

suspension work done... pics:

Front shocks got those nice boots flexy rubber to keep the road crap off the shaft.

old sway bar bushings... the driver side one is the shattered one...

mmm... new bushings all slimy with grease

old spring insulators off the rear springs...

cargo coils in

right rear before

right rear after

yeah... the back end is a little higher. It'll probably settle down a little after I drive it some, but shouldn't be much.

The old springs are on hand if someone cares. They seem ok as the lean of the car didn't change (chalk that up to bent frame) and they aren't rusty except a little surface rust where they were on the axle perch.

Comment

finally got the aero relay box installed proper using a fully populated one I snagged from a yard last year. (yeah... I waited long enough and finally found my round tuit)

also, note the Diag port cover. I've never had one on this car.

also popped the horn relay mount off the old relay mount and bolted that to the fender. the other relay is for the vacuum pump that's attached to the AC system. Also, a side note funny, Facebook wanted me to tag the vacuum pump. It thought that was a face. I was amused.

Comment

I'm trying to find the face in that vacuum pump. Not seeing it.

Need the plastic vacuum box to hang the relays from now.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Two bolts in the middle are the eyes,
                  the lower hose bolt is the nose
                  and in the round casting just below the nose is the smile.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

What jaywish said. I totally found the face, but was quite amused that Facebook though it was actually a face.

Comment

Test run for the extend a trunk... Beater gonna truck

Comment

Because... ROADKILL!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Vic is pretty much ready to go to SF now.

Cleaned up the tow wiring in the trunk. Removed all the vampire taps and put in one of those plug and play 4-flat kits and soldered in my reverse light tap.

and because...

Got the air spring helpers in... also took care of the aero rear bumper cover sag (mine wasn't bad yet, but nip it in the bud for better longevity)... and pumped up to full rake for the initial leakdown test. Considering the paper tags on the springs are on the exhaust side and not looking bad, I doubt I'll need the exhaust shields.

Comment

more toys on the vic now.

got the tach put in the vic. kinda works... the circuit I built to condition the tach signal from all of the coils apparently died and is just passing signal... so at idle it says like 2-3K but get above 800 or 900 rpm and it registers properly. The fix would be getting one of those autometer inductive signal taps for the power line to the coils and hooking that up. Not gonna happen any time soon so meh.

Made it easy to get out of the way too if needed.

Comment

Figure I should post this pic here as well...

also, info for giggles and turds...

88 MGM - 4th owner - in family since 2nd
                                93 Vic - 2nd owner possibly - haven't verified this
                                2K Vic - 3rd owner - in family since new - COMPLETE service records

Comment

Working...
                                X