No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vanity shot of the engine bay in the vic complete with all that work that Scott, Ivan, John and Thain did. I finished up a little bit of wiring trouble shooting when I got it back here, but that was it. Thing runs great... and eventually will have some headers with an EGR pipe bung as well as a proper tune to eek out those last 2 mpgs on the highway.

Complete with performance enhancing stickers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I remember when this all started! Many people had their hands in and around that bay.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

and it was exposed to many middle fingers.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes... on both accounts.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

And probably many phrases not found in the Bible!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Dear Sly,
              What was the vacuum pump supposed to do and did it?

Donald

Comment

it augments the vacuum in the AC system. My car has a leak in the system somewhere (probably an actuator) but it's not enough to keep it from working. With the high flow intake I have, the car doesn't pull good vacuum under load (up hill, high speed) and with the redneck ram air intake I put together, I would get very low vacuum above 60mph. This compensates for ALL of that and keeps the vacuum in the AC system between 14 and 20inHg. It works well... though still nowhere near as well as the vic or lincoln on hot days. I may need to clean the evaporator and condensor... but that's for another day. I can point the vents on me and deal with it. At least it doesn't drop to the floor with heat now.

Comment

The Lincoln's engine bay... as is... needs a better coolant recovery tank. Any suggestions?

Comment

What about putting a better coolant recovery tank in front of the core support ? Maybe from a 90s Lincoln ?

Comment

the towncar one is the same as the aero/whales (pressurized) and won't work. Which Lincoln are you referring to? Got pics?

as for the 90 TC shroud and tank, yeah... good luck with that.

I'm thinking more aftermarket... if anyone has experience with hot-rod tanks. I see a few online that are inexpensive, but unknown how they work since pics are fleeting.
                      Last edited by sly; 06-24-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                        ....and with the redneck ram air intake I put together....
                        What did you use to put that together?

Packman

Comment

4" radiator clamps, 4" hard dryer duct (flexible aluminum) and a 6-4" duct reducer on the end of the Spectre intake. Go back through this thread. It's in there somewhere.

Comment

BAH! fan clutch is dead in the Mark. Lifetime warranty FTW! Project for later this week.

Also have an issue of the vents not working when the car is at temp, but only after it's been shut off... I think I've got some vacuum lines that are slap worn out. Guess I'll get some 1/8" bulk line and end connectors and re-plumb all that mess to the firewall.

Comment

seems like these problems just keep rotating through your fleet...

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

yeah... but this is all just labor. The clutch is under warranty and the vacuum lines... time consuming. I'm getting NO vacuum after "at temp" soak to the vent controls. I think the line through the firewall may have collapsed. That's gonna be a bitch to bypass.

Comment

Working...
                                X