My 91 P72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 91 P72

Hey guys. As most of you know that I had bought another Crown Vic. I couldn't pass up the deal. The body looks good except for a dent in the fender, but I belive that it can be poped back out. The only thing this car needs is a motor. I am in the process of pulling the ol 79 351W engine out and freshen it up with a small cam and maybe some Gt40 heads on it. Well anyways heres the pictures. Hope yall enjoy. Feel free to post any comments you may have.

And that Shineys Automotive sticker will definatly be coming off there. LOL.

Looks like a solid starting point.

What's up with the running of the vacuum to your pre-heater pipe on the air cleaner? It looks like it's set up to have constant vacuum to the motor that diverts the air to the pre-heating pipe to the exhaust manifold.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Damn very nice! If you ever part it out I would be interested in numerous things lol. yes i know
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

*swoon*

awesome score!!! shit!!! keep it!!!!!!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
          Looks like a solid starting point.

What's up with the running of the vacuum to your pre-heater pipe on the air cleaner? It looks like it's set up to have constant vacuum to the motor that diverts the air to the pre-heating pipe to the exhaust manifold.
          I'm not sure man. It was like that when I got it. I haven't even messed with the motor.

Yeah I thought it was a good starting point as well. My 89 has a bad dent in the quarter panel that is filled with bondo. It's starting to come off. It also needs a fender as well. The doors on my 89 are hard to open. the handle is very stiff and is hard to shut. My 91 opens and shuts nicely as they should.

Yeah I belive I am going to keep this one. I was going to fix the 89 anyhow, but this is nicer. I am going to keep my 89 for a parts car. Never know what I may need in the future.

I was driving it down my driveway and noticed that the speed ometer isn't working. I'm hopeing it's just the speedo gear.
          Last edited by Brandon; 04-16-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I may be interested in some parts off the 89 if you decide to part it. Okay I stop now.

This is a nice looking car you have!
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

oh look...twins lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Looks like you're going to need decals for the trunk-lid and a couple of new head-lights.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                X