Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LTD Got New Tires Today! -Lots of pics and video!-

Wow, what a long and wonderful day.

Today was the first time I really got to drive Handsome, my '79 Ford LTD Landau.

We got him towed to the tire place as his old tires were chapped and cracked (tire place said they looked like OLDER than 30 year old USED tires!).

The tow truck driver was amazed at Handsome's beauty, and I don't blame him. The smile on his face when he sat in it to put it in position to get on the tow truck was priceless.

When we got to the tire place I was so excited, I couldn't stop smiling.

Everyone there loved the car.

One of the mechanics there even had to take piictures of it! He was in love. I've never had someone want to take pictures of my car, so that was very flattering. I LOVE that he took pics of it!

I had to drive it 6 1/2 miles back to where I keep it and I was SO NERVOUS! Since I've had him (a little less than a year) i had only driven a little over 20 miles... So today made 28 total miles that I've driven my car. LOL.

I had to stop half way there for a breather. I was so nervous my hands started going numb and as soon as I stood up outta the car I was dizzy.
    I'm a retard, I know, but Handsome is my baby and I'm not used to driving him at all yet.

On the way to where I keep him I had a few older men at stop lights wave, and smile, and say hello. My car and me look good together! LOL

Oh man, today was great!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

awesome!

And you realize everybody here is going to save that last picture right? lol...
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

LOL My fiance made me do that! I thought it was hilarious so that's why I included it. I should NEVER be a car model! LMAO
        sigpic

Comment

WOW, I never realized you had such a mint car tucked away. That thing is gorgeous as all hell.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Nice!!!! And the car is pretty nice too.

*ducks E-punch from angry boyfriend*

Packman

Comment

Wow. That thing's a time capsule. Take good care of him.

Comment

Pure awsome. Wickid car, I'll trade you my '89 marquis for it. lol

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

That car looks sharp, Why did you have it towed to the shop for the tires? were the old ones flat or something?
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I'm guessing they were so dry-rotted that she didn't dare too.

Very good Heather, it's always nice to see someone taking extra-special care of thier car.
                    Handsome is a very lucky car indeed.
                    Former panther owner
                    1981 CV 351 4bbl
                    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Good Lookin Stuff....

Comment

When I bought the Pontiac Parisienne I had for a year, the tires were very dry rotted. I drove it to the nearest tire shop I like and noticed that one was splitting the sidewall (rear tire). The split was through the outer 2 plies and about 4-5 inches long and a quarter of an inch wide. I was very happy I didn't have a blowout.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That sure is a nice 79! Its cool that your gettin some positive attention also. I have the guys at the garage I get my 87 inspected at talk to me about it, mosta them just tell me how tough they are; the one guy used to figure-8 race them.

PS wanna pose with my car jp....unless you really do :smirk:
                          Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 05-26-2010, 11:03 PM.
                          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Yeah, the old tires were so old they could have blown up on me at any moment. On MI roads, I didn't dare drive anywhere on them. That's why I've had the car for almost a year and only driven it 28 miles.

Plus, I'm currently so nervous driving it... trying to drive it anywhere on those old tires would have given me a heart attack. LOL. I had to pull over half way to the place I garage it to take a breather AFTER the NEW tires were on! I'm a wuss, but I love this car so much and I'm so scared something is gonna happen to it. I need to just drive it around some side streets for a while until I get used to driving a boat again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                              Yeah, the old tires were so old they could have blown up on me at any moment. On MI roads, I didn't dare drive anywhere on them. That's why I've had the car for almost a year and only driven it 28 miles.

Plus, I'm currently so nervous driving it... trying to drive it anywhere on those old tires would have given me a heart attack. LOL. I had to pull over half way to the place I garage it to take a breather AFTER the NEW tires were on! I'm a wuss, but I love this car so much and I'm so scared something is gonna happen to it. I need to just drive it around some side streets for a while until I get used to driving a boat again.
                              When I first got the Buick I drove it for a week with no seat belt because I was afraid it was going to catch on fire and id have to make a quick escape lol.
                              Last edited by insomniac391; 05-26-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X