Because it will sound phenominal.

-ryan s.
    Yes! Listen to him! Do eet!

Packman

Comment

That would get me started at least.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Lots of people swear by AFR heads. Don't really know which would be better, but either should be much better than stock iron.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Way lighter too.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I'm going to pass on the heads for now. I've been pouring over sbftech for the last few days. and to do everything right, would be a lot of money for a jy engine build. I'm probably going to take some criticism for this, but I'm going to try to reuse the original heads that were on it.
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You work with what you got.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                That's what I was figuring. I don't really see a need for a high volume pump.
                you also need a 7 qt pan for those.
                89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

and here we go. the debate which head is better on what SBF.....welll it depends on what your doing with it. an XE258 creates alot fo cylinder pressure, and also gobs and gobs of tourqe, so which head would be better...... no clue although AFR165s would comliment them very much, in the other hand twisted wedge heads are cheaper.......or you could just cheap out and use P heads or some varient of them and save some cash but still manage to pop off some impressive numbers and then some. along with a new build studs and nuts are reccommended, also there is a guy who makes an entrie kit just for the p heads as well. if you need to get a cheap set that are decent, there is a set sitting in brian horners yard down in sugar grove for $50 bucks, i alreasdy yanked the intake, but it in a mountainneeer up by the crusher to the left. the same guy that makes a kit also sells hardened rods as well. also might want to take a look at miller roller rockers as well. and if you need some building advice i suggest you give doug at vanstrom performance a call, also a buddy of mine that has a 351 in a satng lives up near you guys his nameis brian he aslo has a 6 speed in his ride lol . my 2 cents
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I have 2 sets of GT40p's. One set is the original heads off this "new" engine. Bone stock.

The other set is what was originally on the engine in the car. One chamber is nicked up a bit but other than that they appear fine. They also have Trickflow valve springs installed, which I originally was hoping I could use for this cam, but I just looked up the specs on them, they are apparently only good up to .542", 2 thousands short of the .544" lift on the XE258. I guess I could always just hope for the best. Nothing on this engine is proper anyways.

Comment

All else being equal, I'd consider tossing those springs on one of the non-nicked up heads and run with it. Elsewise, just carefully block sand the damaged head to try and knock down any sharp high points and run it. Be very careful not to remove too much material, and definitely use a block so you don't make the gasket surface non-flat.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        All else being equal, I'd consider tossing those springs on one of the non-nicked up heads and run with it. Elsewise, just carefully block sand the damaged head to try and knock down any sharp high points and run it. Be very careful not to remove too much material, and definitely use a block so you don't make the gasket surface non-flat.

Do you think I can get away with running those springs? Is 2 thousands really going to be a make or break deal? I guess I could assemble it all, and make sure the I have the minimum .060" between coils at full lift like it ask.

Comment

Just took the 1.7 Crane rr's that were on the original heads off (I bought a set of those crappy 1.6 proform rr's for real cheap NIB I'll be using.)

Only 2 of the pedestal mounts weren't broken. Yes, 14 of them were cracked on both sides, 3 of which were completely broke apart only held together by the channel they sit in.

Comment

More pics incoming.

3 pedestals looked like this:

11 like this:

There were 2 sole survivors.

I have the head smooth as butter. Well butter that was stabbed with a fork then smoothed out.

Also have my spare p's.

Comment

I like how all the holes in the lower intake have been heli-colied. To bad it didn't last.

Although, for once, luck was in my favor. The engine I bought was a late build 97. It has p heads, and the external EGR tube, but also has the EGR hole in the upper and lower intake. I'm going to use the skinny 4 hole 19lbs injectors instead of the chode 1 hole ones. I'm thing 19 lbs injectors will be enough for this build. Also bought a 190lph walbro stang fuel pump.

On the plus side, I installed the new rod and main bearings and plati-gauged them all, which all were in spec. Also got the cam installed, lifters, and retaining plate. I'll degree the cam once everything else is together.

Comment

cracking is a common problem with the explorer intakes around the bolt holes.......dont toss it, it can be welded and new holes drilled and tapped

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X