Peter's 2003 Mercury Marauder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter's 2003 Mercury Marauder

The primary reason of this thread is to follow the rejuvenation and buildup of my 2003 Mercury Marauder.

Here are pictures of my Marauder:

The modifications planned for 2011 are the following:

***Complete repaint -- stripped down to the frame. Colour? Ford's Tuxedo Black
    ***Big Brake Upgrade -- TCE!
    ***Brand new Meg's exhaust tips without resonators
    ***Pioneer Navigation system w/rear back-up camera
    ***Metco(Or Sparta) Control Arms
    ***Addco sway Bars
    ***Under Hood kit from CarMotorSports
    ***Nakke Suspension upgrades
    ***Supercharger !!!

This thread will be updated when mods are completed, or when I have some photos to share. Enjoy!

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
    Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
    Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

cant wait to see how it comes , i order sparta watt, upper and lower control arm , addco sway bars, and kyb shocks/struts
    sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
    87 mercury grand marquis
    88 crown vic lx
    89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
    89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
    00 ford crown vic lx hpp
    03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

why are you repainting the car? i always thought you could salvage the paint. and love the pics. where did you take the pics of your car?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        why are you repainting the car? i always thought you could salvage the paint. and love the pics. where did you take the pics of your car?
        Thanks for the kind comments.

I'm having a repaint because my Marauder was hit in August. The header panel, headlight, signal lamp, fender, and fender liner have to be replaced. Rather then having a half-hearted partial repaint, I decided a full repaint would be better.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!

Comment

i got all my suspention on man you have to go with the sparta pieces and addco sway bars , but when you do the front sway bar go buy new link ends from moog there hd/thicker than the stock ones , and get them off rockauto.com there the cheapesy even with shiping
          sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
          87 mercury grand marquis
          88 crown vic lx
          00 ford crown vic lx hpp

Comment

Originally posted by visionmercury View Post
            i got all my suspention on man you have to go with the sparta pieces and addco sway bars , but when you do the front sway bar go buy new link ends from moog there hd/thicker than the stock ones , and get them off rockauto.com there the cheapesy even with shiping
            How long did the instalation take?

Comment

Which tips are you going with? I put the 4" res-deletes on mine and I love them. Granted, i don't have any other exhaust upgrades, but the car howls at 2k and 4k. it makes me :-D.
              Will the Sparta pieces hold up to boosted applications? I know the Metco ones will. Just wondering mang.

We should meet this summer Peter! I'm only a short drive down the road plus I have my enhanced license so I can legally cross the border!!

Good luck with the mods mang!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

it took about 3/4 hrs for all of it . it was a brease beside the pass side watts link the airbag is right in the way and its a mf r to do if you have help it makes it easier . ryan im pretty sure that the sparta pieces will hold up againest the boost there are a few guys on mercurymarauder.net that have them on there cars that are blowen
                sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
                87 mercury grand marquis
                88 crown vic lx
                00 ford crown vic lx hpp

Comment

Cool. I was just wondering because on ADTR.net, they said that their Henious Motorsports rear arms were a great choice for N/A cars. They recommended to go with the Metco ones when going over 500hp.
                  Thanks though!

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

heres there site SpartaPerformance.com check them out there good people , and u can get them powder coated other colors if you want to mix it up , im boring i went with black i like the incognegro look
                    sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
                    87 mercury grand marquis
                    88 crown vic lx
                    00 ford crown vic lx hpp

Comment

Some recent pictures of my Marauder:

Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty mean, Peter. Are those the OE wheels?

I would paint the calipers but that's just me.
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

oh, and was the Marauder script on the rear bumper cover originally painted differently than the body color? I haven't seen enough to know but I like it.
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Post-repaint pics??
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Wheels are stock. And the "Marauder" in the bumper was recessed into the molding. They make vinyl or plastic letters that fit so you can have it in any color you want.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                              X