My 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: For November Of 2011

Well I finally got around to rebuilding the front end. All new bushings, springs, and shocks and what a difference that made.
    Unfortunately I couldn't get any photos of the install. Here is one I took when I got home. Front end now sits up about 2,3 inches.
    Still needs a alignment and lots of little things. Signed up for mechanics so this year id like my plans to kick into action.
    Quick little shot before she went into storage. Lots more to come.

Comment

Nice! I'm waiting to upgrade the front end on my car too. That probably won't happen for another 3 months. Question; what caused the rear driver's side tire/wheel to come off of the axle?

Packman

Comment

I honestly have no clue I got them put on about a year ago and never and trouble. I figured maybe some one trying to steal it but I doubt it or another thing is that I do have oversized tires on there but it just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Do you store your car until May?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I try to do it a bit before but around that time.

Comment

Awesome Merc! I also plan to take mechanics at school. I think the name of the paint color on your car is "Light Titanium" as the color on yours looks almost identical to mine.
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

I'm in love with this colour. What colour is your interior?

Comment

Originally posted by V8GrandMarquis View Post
                  I'm in love with this colour. What colour is your interior?
                  It's about the same as the exterior. I'll attach some pictures. Although the paint on your car is in much better shape than mine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Funny I was looking at this car the other day. I miss those hubcaps plus mine is not perfect at all still have a bunch of small things to look after. As long as its a clean body you know your putting time and money into something that will last. Sweet Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by V8GrandMarquis View Post
                      Funny I was looking at this car the other day. I miss those hubcaps plus mine is not perfect at all still have a bunch of small things to look after. As long as its a clean body you know your putting time and money into something that will last. Sweet Ride.
                      Thanks, these locking hubcaps are cool although they click too. You're right, there's always small things to work on. The body on my car is mostly clean. The previous owner never fixed a leak in the trunk. I fixed it but there's some rust in the trunk pan, fortunately it doesn't go through. I'll fix that soon. Have fun with your Merc. it's sweet.

Comment

Working...
                      X