GMGT and Amanda's 2011 Ford Edge LIMITED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMGT and Amanda's 2011 Ford Edge LIMITED

Ok, I don't have photos yet. If I could get a night photo, it would look AWESOME though.

This thing has every option just about (adaptive cruise, blind spot thingy and a couple others ain't on there) along with two tone sienna/black leather and the white tri-pearl paint.

Amanda's happy with it, and so am I
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Did you guys trade something in for this?

Brand new?

Either way, congratulations on the new ride.

I was pretty sure you could get those with like a 265 hp V6. My Dad's friend had one of those, but he ended up trading it for the Flex, claiming it was lower and had more room.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

No trade. We kept the stang too. And yes, brand new.

It's actually got 285 hp, with 253 ft lbs of torque. It moves pretty good, and does decent on gas.

Comment

I always admire the big honkin chrome wheels on them.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

haha she still has a faster car/suv lol. looks good man saw it on facebook today
          sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
          87 mercury grand marquis
          88 crown vic lx
          89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
          89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
          00 ford crown vic lx hpp
          03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	190297_1917875431334_1375444111_2198589_8363842_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1264495Click image for larger version

Name:	197021_1917874631314_1375444111_2198587_5382047_n.jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1264496Click image for larger version

Name:	198579_1917873751292_1375444111_2198585_4107946_n.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1264497

Comment

Let me know how you guys end up liking that. Vee is highly interested in one of those.
              Looks awesome!!! Good pick Amanda!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

My wagon gets better mileage than my mom's Edge. It's sad.

Congrats though!
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Isn't the Edge just an estate version of the Fusion? You'll recall some of TOTCG's descriptions of colorful misadventures with that car.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

You know how you associate certain vehicles with certain genders? Like a Miata or an Eclipse being a woman's car?

This is one of those cars that I do that with. This is definitely a woman's car. I would even go as far to say a middle aged, yuppie soccer mom's car. Not to be stereotypical, or to imply that Tom or Amanda fit that role!

It is snazzy. Looks sharp with that color combo, wheels, etc. I would think Amanda looks pretty damn good in there too. Hopefully you guys really enjoy it. The spring time is certainly a nice time of year to have a new car.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

It's definately not a Fusion!

It rides real smooth, hauls ass, and the technical gizmos are AMAZING.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                        It's definately not a Fusion!

It rides real smooth, hauls ass, and the technical gizmos are AMAZING.
                        Nice car Tom. Being a CD-3 it is based off the first GEN Mazda 6 platform, just like the Fusion. Only issues I have heard with them are that they eat up brakes (it is a heavy vehicle) and the panoramic roof is problematic. Should serve you two well for many, many years.

I can't remember, do the rear seats recline at all?

Comment

the battery terminals on my sister's edge (09?) are some wonky double triangle cross vice on one side of the clamp. If you EVER! disconnect the battery... pay close attention to how those things work. They're very effective at what they do, but they are rather complicated compared to typical terminals.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                            Nice car Tom. Being a CD-3 it is based off the first GEN Mazda 6 platform, just like the Fusion. Only issues I have heard with them are that they eat up brakes (it is a heavy vehicle) and the panoramic roof is problematic. Should serve you two well for many, many years.

I can't remember, do the rear seats recline at all?
                            Yes, they recline. Had some rear passengers yesterday, and they LOVED them. Luckily, on the panoramic roof, we have a 75K warranty. I do love the thing, it's so badass

Comment

Working...
                            X