No announcement yet.

My 1989 Lincoln 557 cobra jet project in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well they (manual cutouts) would be a fuck of a lot cheaper if you could do the fabrication yourself. come to the muffler shop and i'll rig some up for you for free.....the several days travel time might make it not worth it though
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Video

This is my first attempt to use this video recorder. I never had one before.

This thing makes the engine sound noisey but the door click when opening puts it in to perspective.
      The inside hasn't been cleaned yet since changing the heater core.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
      sigpic
      89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
      13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
      "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

So sweet.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

DrooooooooooooooooooooooooL!

Comment

That has got to be the most amazing thing I've ever seen
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Unbelievable man! Awesome job
              Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
              Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Larry, you need a new wallet

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

So dam Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
                    The exhaust is in.
                    Still havn't went over the bottom of the car yet. I need to get out the wire brush and rust remover then the reformer. Good thing this will never see salt again!!!
                    Summit h-pipe Flowmaster S bends and impala tails with aerochambers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32540[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32541[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32542[/ATTACH]

I did put a small 0.5" notch on the driver's crossmember at the #6 tube. After they were torqued down it looks like I didn't need to. There is a 0.75" clearance there now and the engine pulls away from that side.

I did get a video recorder finally so I need to get one up here.
                    Are those FPA headers? I think I recall them being not very nice to Tom when he called them about headers for his BBF two-door project.
                    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Yup, FPA headers. I ordered from the owner over the phone. He asked me all about my car we were on the phone about half an hour. Nice chat, and he was also happy to hear back from me that they fit. Seemed like a stand up guy?

Thanks for all the positive feedback!!!
                      sigpic
                      13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                      "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

so.....you got a track nearby?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                          so.....you got a track nearby?
                          About 20 min drive to salem ohio. Aboout 1 hr 15 min to Nelson's Ledges.

I would love to go on a test and tune day to get my ignition timing dialed in.
                          sigpic
                          13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
                            About 20 min drive to salem ohio. Aboout 1 hr 15 min to Nelson's Ledges.

I would love to go on a test and tune day to get my ignition timing dialed in.
                            DO IT!! haha

Comment

Got the a/c in now. I'm very happy with it. I was worried that it might not keep up with the heat that thing makes. Keeps it nice and cold inside. Hope it still does with 90f humid days.

There is a shot of the header and evap spacing. With the box modified in as far as I was able, there is still only 1/2" gap. This heat shield works. It isn't showing any heat damage after quite a few hours of exposure.

Makes it a little more cluttered but you HAVE to have working a/c before going to the track. You might get hot driving up to the starting line before you shut it off to have fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-17-12 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	1269453Click image for larger version

Name:	6-17-12 004.jpg
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	1269454Click image for larger version

Name:	6-17-12 002.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1269455
                              sigpic
                              13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l

Comment

A Lincoln without air conditioning isn't a Lincoln at all!
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X