My 1989 Lincoln 557 cobra jet project in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Not that I know squat about Town Cars, but what's with all the little buttons along the bit of trim above the radio?
    Thats all the buttons for the fancy digital message center, to go through all the features that newer cars use 2 or 3 buttons to scroll through, lol
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I love this car. I can't wait to see a video of it running.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

225/60/15 front. And 275/60/15 rear work well no traction issues and with 3.55 gearing is dead on
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Congrats mang.. Deserve It

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
            225/60/15 front. And 275/60/15 rear work well no traction issues and with 3.55 gearing is dead on
            them front tires will be tiny compared to the rears. 245/60/15 i think would look much better with the big rear tires.

and your car looks great up there mang.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I was very lucky the interior was in good shape to begin with. The only thing trashed was the dash pad (of course). I bought the cover from Coverlay. Best $115.00 investment that one can make for the look of the interior. ABS plastic so I won't hve to worry about it drying out like the oem. I bought it thinking I would fix the color if it didn't mach up, but it was too darn close to mess with!! Very hard to tell it's not supposed to be there. I get a kick out of pulling it back when someone marvels at how perfect it has held up. Fits great!!
              sigpic
              89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
              13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
              "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Congrats on POTM!!! Got some muscle up there this time

Actually, I would rather have a project car with a ratty interior. That way you don't have to worry about messing anything up when the engine swap is in progress. The last two things that should be done to a project is the interior and then paint.

Packman

Comment

Way to go mang!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Alright! This is what I have been waiting to see done to a 1989 Town Car! Cheers mang, love it.
                    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Sweet ride nice work!!!!!!! I'm with the rest Videos would be great AGAIN GREAT BUILD...
                      91 w/ 5.0 with eibach springs for a SS Impala ,hd police shocks on front w/big brake uprade,rear shocks for F-150 HD. Dual s w/ glass packs, 15X8 A/R Wheels 5% Tint on rear.http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...l.php?id=11699sigpic

Comment

Well, time for an upgrade.

I ordered some headers from Ford Power Applications. I guess this is the beginning of the winter fun! I think they will fit with no modifications now that I have been able to see them in person with the car. Looks like they make nice stuff for the 302 also. They even engraved my name and flange style I picked on it.

I will have them ceramic coated after I verify fitment. I also ordered a Holley 870 carb to open up the intake side also. I bought the 750 to go with the iron heads. I think it's a bit too small for the SCJs.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                        13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                        "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

1050 dominator plz
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

those look nice! i bet they cost a shitload to buy.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

looking nice! Yeah a 750 is tiny for 557, wow. The 870 should make it a little better.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Those are some sweet headers! Hopefully they fit with no major issues. Can't wait to see them coated.

Yea 750 cfm is way to small for that monster. Hell I'm going to run a 750 cfm carb on my 300 inline 6! The 870 is probably still a little on the small size for that engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X