No announcement yet.

88 Marquis "Granada 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That brown powder looking stuff makes me think that at one time the car either over heated or most likely blew the upper radiator hose. Check the radiator, is it clean anti-freeze or muddy looking?

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
      May want to remove or replace that "ratty assed" Hood Insulation. There's a guy on Ebay that markets them from a company in PA. CLASS TECH CARS. Talk to Chad (he is in VA.) 540-896-5758 or http://www.class-tech-cars.com. Please note I DO NOT make any money from this - only doing a public service!! Bobby
      I have already removed the old hoodliner. I was thinking of using this one from http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/...

Click image for larger version

Name:	4a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	1265326

...since it comes with a decal, this one would be nice

Name:	sMercury-logo-with-lettering.jpg
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1265327
      "Elaine" - '88 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      52,146 mi, stock 5.0L

Comment

Remember seeing that site when I was looking but at about half the price I went with the EBAY one. May want to get the clips, too as once you remove the old ones they may be useless!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I picked this up shortly after my last post at Oreilly's for $31, since I do not have a CEL light this came in handy...

It shows the codes for KOEO, Constant Memory and KOER tests

Name:	code reader s006.jpg
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	1265469

I got the following codes on KOEO (key on engine off) test
          51 - ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor out of range/circuit
          23 - Throttle position sensor out of range
          34 - Insufficient EGR flow or EVP voltage high or PFE voltage highor out of specification

51 turned out to be a bad plug on the ECT sensor, checked and replace the TPS sensor, cleaned the pintle on the EGR valve and now no more codes on the KOEO tests. The same codes were in constant memory except for code 51.

Name:	merc throttle s006.jpg
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	1265470

For the last week I have been trying to get the EGR spacer off, but it is being stubborn. It took 2 days just to get the throttle body off. If it still will not budge tomorrow, I will just go ahead and remove the plenum and then cut the EGR spacer off and get a another one.
          "Elaine" - '88 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          52,146 mi, stock 5.0L

Comment

Working...
          X