No announcement yet.

My 1983 Lincoln Mark VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No latches around here, brother. I have one good one on mine and I'm peeking my spare as they are prone to failure. I'm on my 3rd or 4th one in 8 years now...
    Hopefully your inspection goes well. I HATE inspections with a passion.
    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A four-door Mark 6! Wow. Didn't think there were any around still. They never sold well; people thought were just Townies with different front and rear fascias. Haha. I think they're cool regardless. I love all the pinstripes. That bright, vibrant red really pops against the dark silver body paint. Digidash is the icing on the cake. Hope you get all the glovebox latch issues sorted in the meantime. Amazing how unkillable cars can still have their share of annoying quirks like that.
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Car is still at the shop...They're waiting on an e-brake cable to come in from Car Quest. NOBODY has this part in stock and they were the only parts store to bother calling back...The part is $34.95 and priority shipping is $50. Completed objectives: oil-change, front-wheel bearings repacked, new rear springs & shocks installed.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Did you try contacting the NAPA distribution centre in Moncton?
          They have everything from a baby's fart to a clap of thunder there. I almost always stop there when I'm in the neighbourhood and get stuff for the Lincoln or truck as it's easier than ordering it in.
          (506) 857-1111
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
            They have everything from a baby's fart to a clap of thunder there.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Good: Car is inspected.

Bad: Cost me a lot of $...Shop labour rate is $75 per hour.

Work order: New coil springs for the rear (I supplied them) front wheel bearings re-packed, new e-brake cable installed, front license plate bracket installed & oil-change.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Got some gas tonight. The cashier said that she's the previous owner of an '89 TC. It got scrapped... One of my good FB friends bought a glove box latch for me from Lincoln Land.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  Good: Car is inspected.

Bad: Cost me a lot of $...Shop labour rate is $75 per hour.

Work order: New coil springs for the rear (I supplied them) front wheel bearings re-packed, new e-brake cable installed, front license plate bracket installed & oil-change.
                  What rear springs did you get? I got a pair of Moog variable cargo coils. Was going to order them from Summit Racing for $53 for in store pickup but the damn estimate was delivery Oct 29th! If I ordered the 5th. So I bit the bullet and paid the $15 more on Amazon to buy them there and get free 2 day shipping.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                    What rear springs did you get? I got a pair of Moog variable cargo coils.
                    I also got Moog. I think the part # was 8809.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

front tires loosing air...

The front tires are loosing air steadily. I filled them up to 30 psi on Monday. Today they were down to 20 psi... Time to have the rims cleaned and perhaps replace the valve stems. I want to get this done before storage, so that the tires won't be flat in the Spring.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The latest news

I removed the center caps and repainted them universal black. Last coat of paint was 3 years ago. While I was driving last night, the wipers stopped on the windshield. I had to help them back down to the base...There was a minor noise under the dash during this episode. I'm going to get a shop to take a look at it next week. Inspection is due next month. Should pass after the wiper problem is solved!
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The wiper problem is fixed. I'm going to pick up the car in the morning. Fingers crossed that nothing else acts up before inspection time.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The front tires are loosing air steadily. I filled them up to 30 psi on Monday. Today they were down to 20 psi... Time to have the rims cleaned and perhaps replace the valve stems. I want to get this done before storage, so that the tires won't be flat in the Spring.
                            That seems low, only 30 psi. I fill mine to the 35 psi max, or 40-42 if they have a 44 psi max. Even 35 feels low when that's the max, like it bulges too much and feels too soft. That might be fine for a car that weighs 3000 lbs but for our cars, 40 is more like it. I have about 40 in mine right now, and they ride great, still rides soft as a pillow. I can't wait to get new tires, even though it rides smooth, it could be better. I usually drive a 4Runner 4x4, not exactly made for comfort so that skews my perception, but the tires now are dry rotting, so I know new tires will have more flex.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Front tires were installed in '09. Rear tires were installed in '13. Still lots of tread. I had the valve stem replaced on the pass side front tire a few months ago.
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Fingers crossed that nothing else acts up before inspection time.
                                I figured the exhaust would need work to pass. Work order: Muffler and tailpipe for driver's side, rear shocks and an oil change. The exhaust is very quiet now!
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X