Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 Town Car Stars and Stripes RestoMod Sleeper. Need Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could get the vibration out of the drive line on my 88... it would be really nice well over 90mph... as it is... it's vibrates a bit much at 90 (though it keeps be under 80 most the time so that may be a good thing). It's got the 2.73 rear with wide ratio gears and gets off the line pretty good for an old boat.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The fix for driveline vibes on my car was another driveshaft. I wanted to have the original rebalanced, but the yoke was significantly damaged from a poor U joint replacement in the past, so the whole thing was swapped for lack of a better option. On a Vic, you can just fit a late model aluminum. Towncar owners are sort of SOL in that department since AL driveshafts seem to be made of a special compound of unobtanium.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        The fix for driveline vibes on my car was another driveshaft. I wanted to have the original rebalanced, but the yoke was significantly damaged from a poor U joint replacement in the past, so the whole thing was swapped for lack of a better option. On a Vic, you can just fit a late model aluminum. Towncar owners are sort of SOL in that department since AL driveshafts seem to be made of a special compound of unobtanium.
        that special compound is called custom

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

if only someone around here made driveshafts. There are disadvantages to living in the middle of nowhere.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

just means more $$$$ for mail-order.

Comment

Working...
            X