Creamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packman View Post
    Because of YOU and your Creamy thread; I ended up painting my rear drums and front rotors. After seeing your painted front rotor, I figured I had to give it a try since I painted the rest of the suspension. Spent a few hours doing that. Thanks turbo.........I think

Packman
    Kool would hope to inspire persons than causing jealousy
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Radiator showed up today looks like it will be close to a drop in. I have been running a 3 core already. Sofar the only thing might be the outlet tube might be a bit long. It will be down for a bit as woce removed they are some other things I want to change out and some paint work.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
        Kool would hope to inspire persons than causing jealousy
        I think most persons on this board are jealous of Creamy and the work that you put into that car. If I submitted myself to jealousy I would end up spending a lot of time and energy doing so. You, 87gtVic, Gadget73, andyfanshawe, and so many others on this board have talent falling out of their asses; I would explode with jealousy. Nah, I just try my best to get it like you guys got it

Packman

Comment

Car is looking great Dave!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Finialy the third radiator fits. Some minor issues. Install was about the same as going to the bigger factory radiator. Also been working towards finial finishing of the hood scoop. Fan mounting brackets needed some modifications. Pollished the sides. Not shure about pollishing the top yet gets a lot of tools on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rad 013 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1270129
            Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-09-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Cleaned and painted what was reacable of the rad support with rust proofing primer sealer epoxy. Also finished painting all the A/C metal hose ends.

Name:	rad 015 (2).jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1270132
              Attached Files
              Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-11-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Nice!!! But I think your QC manager is sleeping on the job (in the radiator picture)

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                  I think most persons on this board are jealous of Creamy and the work that you put into that car. If I submitted myself to jealousy I would end up spending a lot of time and energy doing so. You, 87gtVic, Gadget73, andyfanshawe, and so many others on this board have talent falling out of their asses; I would explode with jealousy. Nah, I just try my best to get it like you guys got it

Packman
                  not jealous, i Love awsomeness build, give me something to work towards.
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Small issue with the upper radiator hose. The aftermarket std cooling hose wouldnt fit. Purchased 2 of them they dint cut it. Compaired them to Casper with a factory orig hose they were not the same. Looked like it would fit. Issue is the hoses were too close to the A/C compressor clutch.
                    Use a preheater tube and bent it inop needed shape and drove off to auto parts places. After searching 3 parts store back rooms finaly found one at NAPA. It had the right bends but it was too long and the ends were oriented wrong. Cut about 4" out of the middle and connected the hose with a section of exhaust pipe. Came out perfect.

Name:	RAD HOSE TEMPLATE.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1270135

Name:	rad 019.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1270136
                    Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-12-2012, 01:22 AM.

Comment

looks really good dave!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Radiaror installed ... lower hose was no problem.

Name:	RADII 001.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1270139

Name:	RADII 005.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1270140
                        Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-12-2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Can I have your engine bay? LOL

Comment

srsly. very nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Been working on the hood scoop. To catch up needed it to clear the intake system. Didnt want one but had to install 1 3/4 " spacers under the carbs or get rid of the windshield wipers. The scoop is from a 69 Boss 429 Mustang mounted backwards. Facing it forward didnt work out the air cleaner stuck out the front. Not to crazy about forward scoops anyway.

Name:	next 002.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1270153

Comment

The front of the scoop didnt quite clear the air cleaner. So I made a spacer used 5 pieces of 1/8" thick lexan and glued them togeather. Started out kind of a big square U. Early this year trimmed it down closer to the scoop profile.

Name:	QUADS 1 001.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1270154

Name:	SCOOPIII 004.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1270155

Comment