No announcement yet.

The MegaMerc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are fantastically adjusted. They've not had a single problem in the 7 years or so that they've been off the car.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Mine are fantastically adjusted. They've not had a single problem in the 7 years or so that they've been off the car.
      Funny how that works.

The Blue car hasn't used a drop of oil since I parked it. (5 years ago).

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I freakin' HATE Pep Boys. I went there out of convenience knowing that they usually suck. Ordered brake pads (on of their "customer service reps" looked up the pn , my wife went to pick them up & the woman ("Manager") argued w/her, tried to force her to buy rotors "you can't have the pads unless you buy the rotors", gave her a total load of crap, then finally acquiesced & sent her home w/the WRONG part. The pads turned out to be from a Chevy truck. The guy that got the pads & rotors must also have had a bad day. I went back between jobs yesterday, no MOD. A "lowly" parts counter guy was polite, respectful & apologetic. It obviously does not flow down hill @ that store. He found a set that he thought might work in stock (after looking @ NAPA & Rockauto sites) & sent me home w/Ceramic pads for $11.

Soo, I got up early on my 1st day off in a month & they don't fit, I didn't think they would, but it was worth a try.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Driver side signals stopped working today... No click, no flash on instrument panel. Both lit up solid. Park & sig filaments both lit up when signals are selected. WTH?

For lack of anything better to try I went to my local used parts emporium (basement) and got a flasher unit. Bingo! I don't think I've ever seen one fail quite like this before....

Comment

An easy fix is a win.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
              Driver side signals stopped working today... No click, no flash on instrument panel. Both lit up solid. Park & sig filaments both lit up when signals are selected. WTH?

For lack of anything better to try I went to my local used parts emporium (basement) and got a flasher unit. Bingo! I don't think I've ever seen one fail quite like this before....
              My hazard flasher in my 93 failed this way.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

probably welded the contacts together internally. Fair bet that a solid whack would make it go for a little while until it welds again. Once that happens its pretty much toast though. The contact material is usually pretty burned and pitted and its on borrowed time.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I tried whacking it w/a screwdriver before I went looking for another one, no dice...

Comment

My wife needed to drive the MM today. She said it "popped" once before it stalled. restarted after 4 tries, then stalled again when parking it. It would not restart, she could hear the fp.
                    I just got home & gave a cursory look @ the wires, cap & rotor, nothing of note. It started on the first try. I'm thinking TFI, can the part stores test them? Now that I have verbalized (typerized?) I realize it is not a hard failure so that would be inconclusive anyway....

Comment

Hmmm

I'd be pleased if it was your TFI. Since mine popped a couple times and then stalled, last time it ran. So that'd be a pleasant fix. If it's just that...

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

TFI or pickup is a fair guess. Swap the distributor and see if the problem goes away. Last time this happened to me, the magnet fell out of the pickup in the distributor and it quit. Got one hitch, a pop, and that was all she wrote.

Comment

Um, uh oh....

Comment

Bobcat, I have had no time to get in here for the last few mos, I did see that your project has taken an interesting direction!

Comment

I couldn't tell you if this test procedure/info is accurate but it might be worth a try:
                              http://351winsor.com/joel/Ignition_Systems/tfi2.html

I wonder if 351windsor.com was already taken?
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                                Bobcat, I have had no time to get in here for the last few mos, I did see that your project has taken an interesting direction!

Yeah it's interesting and a real pain in the dick at times.

Mine popped a couple times and then stalled while driving down the highway, proceeded to then do a massive back fire and wouldn't start, thereafter.
                                It had spark but it seemed like the firing order was wrong or some shit, since it back fired out the intake when I sprayed carb clean in. Even though the timing was all correct.
                                __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X