X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '96

BigMerc96's '96 Mercury Grand Marquis GS:

The Basics:
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS built 3/27/96.
    106,000 miles on the clock.
    Medium Willow Green Clearcoat Metallic exterior.
    Willow Green cloth interior.

Interior:
    Ford Accessory Willow Green rubber floor mats with the Mercury emblem on them.
    Factory green carpet mats, currently installed.
    JVC Arsenal 6x8s up front
    Rockford Fostgate 6x9 in the rear deck
    Custom LED trunk lighting

Exterior:
    LS style cornering lamp retrofit.
    Old lady scuffed bumpers (you buy a car from old people, the bumpers come pre-scuffed)
    Alot of polishing to make it shine.
    Blinker Mod
    Painted door handles and keypad surround (not seen in pics)
    Thats about it.

Suspension:
    KYB Gas-A-Just shocks on all 4 corners.
    "custom" poly upper shock bushings on all 4 corners.
    21mm Marauder/HPP rear sway bar
    Energy suspension Polyurethane rear control arm bushings.
    Raybestos Professional Poly sway-bar bushings and end links in the rear.

Performance
    Performance, whats that?
    Dual Exhaust with 3x7x14 inch Magnaflows, to quote the guy who welded them in, "they are tiny"
    Gutted Airbox
    Ported and polished intake plenum
    "half shafted" 70mm E250 throttle body
    Best run: 16.808 @ 83mph with the stock TB

Ubiquitous Exhaust/startup/revv video of my car's Dual exhaust setup. Its currently a stock Dual exhaust from a '93 CVPI, complete with Tailpipe resonators and all 4 cats (cats from the '96 obviously), with short case Magnaflows welded in. The mufflers were the smallest I could get @ 3.5x7x14 inch case size. It's actually fairly quiet, zero drone on the highway or when just cruising around. Anyway, on to the Vid:

http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/a...tartupRevv.mp4
    -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

nice... looks way younger than the miles indicate... especially with those clear as clear can be headlights.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

"Old lady scuffed bumpers (you buy a car from old people, the bumpers come pre-scuffed)"

The front bumper on the '93 GM I once owned was no exception...
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

don't have to be old for that... my 93 is scuffed up from my wife.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Nice car. I like the color.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking good!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Nice clean car

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                don't have to be old for that... my 93 is scuffed up from my wife.
                What did we tell you about doing your wife on the front of your car?!?... That's right, sometimes the back gets lonely and needs some action as well.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                  What did we tell you about doing your wife on the front of your car?!?... That's right, sometimes the back gets lonely and needs some action as well.
                  the interior is well loved and in very good shape (we keep it clean)... though it was actually the exterior corners I was talking about. She's a little rough around the edges... kinda like my wife. :p

Comment

Thanks everyone. didn't realize it had been so long since I made this thread.

The headlights are original, and not as clear as they look in pics. Going to actually polish them out one of these days. They have some sort of cleatcoatng that is all chipped up, just gonna sand it all off and hit them with some UV protectant clear paint (I think its Krylon that makes it, its specifically for plastic).

The car was my great Aunt's car. She gave up her license in 2006 after a minor accident in my uncle's GMQ(thats right, they had 2 GMQs, the '96 and a '00). The '00 met an unfortunate end in Cash For Clunkers in 2009, and the '96 was likely to meet the same fate, except they didn't need 2 cars. The '96 had been sitting in their garage since my Aunt gave up her license, hadn't even been started more than a few times. When I found out they still had it, I asked how much, my uncle told me $1000. I went and looked at it, bringing a spare battery and a few gallons of gas. It fired right up w/ the good battery, I looked it over and couldn't find any rust. I was sold.

Got it home and realized what I had just done. The car was an absolute mess. I mean the interior was so nasty from sitting and probably never being cleaned that I actually took a shower after getting it home. The paint was also pretty nasty, I'm not sure if it had ever been buffed or waxed, it was really heavily oxidized. TONS of scrubbing and buffing, a new set of whitewalls (It had its original tires still), and a set of shocks (also original and very much shot), and I had myself a nice new/old Mercury with just under 75k miles.
                    -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Thanks for showing this aero some love!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Whitewalls for the win! Nothin' like a brand new set of bright whites.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I like this style the most out of any post-92 panther. 16.8 seems kind of slow though but it's been awhile since I had a panther so it's hard to say. I'm sure with a few mods I could have easily got under the 16.1-16.3's i was getting.
                          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Or save yer pennies and install a Trick Flow top end kit for that 4.6L

Packman

Comment

Working...
                            X