No announcement yet.

Grey October DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you lived closer, I hav a spool sitting around...

And plus, I work at an auto parts store
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

it stopped raining for a little while today so i went outside and started tearing down the front end. got the bumper, and filler panel off. next up is the header panel. i stopped pulling the header panel because i broke a bolt and now its stuck in my ONLY 8mm socket :cuss: and all thats left is 8mm's. so i decided to pull the back speakers out of shifty which i had not done yet. that was a pita. i had tried getting that rubber thing on one of them and had succeeded. i decided when i install them in Grey October i'm just gonna sock em down with bolts and nuts. i'm not even gonna use the baskets. they're all moldy and rotted anyway. speaking of rotted, my rad support looks like shit. i accidentally smacked my head into it and got a rust shower
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

GODDAMNIT!

i was digging into shiftys front end today and i got to the header panel. i had lucked out on not having any of the studs extract themselves from the header panel, until i got to the ones that are holding the header panel to the fender. i stopped after one because i could not find any of my swivel adapters or my ratchet wrenches

Comment

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

did some more work today. i decided to hold off on replacing the header panel until i can get a good fender or i might pull shifty's, who knows. i did mount up shifty's filler panel and the grand marquis bumper. i finally got it aligned, what a bitch lol.

i also got going on the stereo install. at some point i will be replacing the casette deck with something different. i got the back speakers installed and that came out good. i was able to pry the rear speaker covers off the package tray without damging the board. hopped in the trunk, and removed teh speakers. got back inside the car and threaded my screws in for each side. hopped back in the trunk and started contorting myslef around but i was able to get the speakers mounted with minimal problems. and because of the way i mounted em, i can reuse the stock grilles and even though the speaker is bright red you can't tell at all when you look at the grille. totally stealth install

Comment

took some pics today.

these were the wheelcovers i had on the merk. they're not too shabby. it'll suffice until i can get real wheels. i also have an awesome set of new 15" tires that came off the cougar i was gonna get. so when the money allows,i'm gonna mount those on there, with the whitewall facing in of course

heres a shot of the new filler panel and the grand marquis bumper(i didn't bother to pull shifty's license plate off the bumper lol)

and heres the 21 year old voltage regulator keeping everything in check

heres a short clip of the motor running(my camera does not record sound tho )

Video

Comment

That thing is lookin' good. Keep it up.

Comment

Got the stereo installed. I also tightened down some interior bits, and I pulled from my parts car a set of lighted key cylinders for the front doors. I just have to get some new clips before I install them. I also found my cupholders that I have to clean and paint before I install them.

The stereo pounds lol. It sounds nice and clear too. Plus it'll match the interior because at some point, I'm replacing every interior bulb with blue led bulbs.

Comment

Thought you had a tape deck you were putting in?
                    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMan
                      Thought you had a tape deck you were putting in?
                      I was, but since the Rodeo is going bye-bye, I decided to take the cd deck. :evil:

The only thing that sucks is that the deck has no line-in or cd changer controls, so if I want to use my mp3 player, I'm going to have to get an FM modulator. Those sound like ass.

Comment

Lookin' good, mang...

Hold on to this one, looks like a winner.
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I plan on it. Next week I have to send some money to Wagonman. He's got my blue column shroud, speaker grilles, glovebox latch, and blue vanity visors without airbag labels.

Besides a true and proper stereo install at some point, my only plans for the interior are to get ahold of 4 LX door panels in blue(Mine are vinyl on the upper half, I want cloth), dark blue Lincoln TC seats with teh monster headrests, complete changeout of all the bulbs with blue LED bulbs and maybe some blue lights under the seats, and my gauge setup. For the good stuff, I'm gonna ditch the clock and fab up a panel to hold 4 gauges. The 3 usual ones and a tranny temp gauge. I'm hoping to make an F-150 column shroud fit and if I can, I can get a column pod for a tach. I think that's it for the interior. Oh yeah, can't forget my cupholders.

Motor-wise, I'm keeping it simple. Basic HO conversion, or maybe an Exploder motor at some point. I haven't ruled out a crate engine either. Just depends where I stand financially. I'm going to put a 3.55 trac-loc in back, and for the exhaust it's going to be aftermarket "Stang shorties, OEM H-pipe with electric cutouts going down to either SLP Loudmouths, or Flowtech Terminators.

For the exterior, I want to do a two-tone paint job. Silver on top, black from the bottom of the windows down. My headlight bezels are going to be body colored again. The Grand Marquis bumper is staying as well. I was thinking of getting Bullit wheels too.

Comment

New pics from today. This is the rust that I have to deal with. As soon as I get a semi-warm week, I'm busting out the sandpaper and the primer,lol.

It really looks worse than it is. There is rust on the front fenders, but those are getting replaced with fenders from my '90. Along with the core support and the header panel. Besides those spots, and a couple areas in the trunklid the body is very decent.

Comment

Here is my new alternator and voltage regulator. Pardon the wiring mess. I have to go through and strip out all the useless wiring from the police equipment that had been on the car.

Comment

And here is my new voltage gauge.

Comment

Working...
                                X