2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
    Dead and sold.

Comment

Exhaust flanges between the ex secondary cats and the h-pipe is are now leaking, I don't know if my home depot special exhaust bolts are coming loose or the flag gaskets are bad, I'll have to check on Monday when I put the brakes on and do an oil change/tire rotation
      Dead and sold.

Comment

I ended up having those welded on my cars as I could not get them to seal.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Never figured out what the tick was in the engine, probably just gonna let it eat. I got the blower motor ordered and on the way as well as a new cb antenna. I did replace the alternator and wiring, though the front rotors I ordered were too small even though the pads fit. Gonna have to order some rotors from work. Also got the headlights cleaned up, they look almost brand new
          Dead and sold.

Comment

Accomplishments of 2014 (so far):

Rear cat delete
            Headlights cleaned up
            New alternator & power wire
            New CB & antenna with coax run behind trim
            Blower motor replaced and switch wired

Goals for the rest of 2014 and 2015:

Gut primary cats
            Flowaster super 44s or super 10s
            02 simulators
            Front suspension lowered 2"
            Rear suspension lowered 1.5"
            American Racing Torq Thrust M's
            Removal of carpet and rear seats
            Purchase 351W and T5 for motor swap
            4.11 rear gear swap
            Beefed up trailing arms
            Torsion clip style hood pins
            New head unit and speakers with sub
            Tighten steering (if possible)
            Last edited by 01Townie; 09-27-2014, 06:32 PM.
            Dead and sold.

Comment

sweet! keep up the good work mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Look at that! You got good ol' Leroy back up and running. Must be nice to hear hot rod exhaust note! I'd go nuts if I went without that for more than a few weeks. Very proud of your progress thus far. Subsequent plans, especially the 351 + 5 speed swap sound EPIC. It's a box-whale swap. The first of hopefully many such swaps.

BTW, your Townie body style is the only whale panther I'd ever own. I remember seeing these in the GTA: Liberty City Stories loadscreens/cover art and thought they were epic looking cars. This was years ago, and I've come to like the '98-'02s even more than I did then. They're just stately, majestic cars, and still very distinct from other whales from those model years.
                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                  Look at that! You got good ol' Leroy back up and running. Must be nice to hear hot rod exhaust note! I'd go nuts if I went without that for more than a few weeks. Very proud of your progress thus far. Subsequent plans, especially the 351 + 5 speed swap sound EPIC. It's a box-whale swap. The first of hopefully many such swaps.

BTW, your Townie body style is the only whale panther I'd ever own. I remember seeing these in the GTA: Liberty City Stories loadscreens/cover art and thought they were epic looking cars. This was years ago, and I've come to like the '98-'02s even more than I did then. They're just stately, majestic cars, and still very distinct from other whales from those model years.
                  I sure did, and decided not to sell him after all. I can't part with it, too much love for it and too many memories made with/in that car. I also can't wait for the motor and trans swap, it's gonna be down the line a little but hopefully not too far (long as the woman don't mind at least). I love the styling that they did to it when it was made, though I'm also a fan of the individual low/high beam headlights so that's about the only thing I don't like, other than the open diff, lack of rear swaybar, and, of course, the 4r70w slushbox bolted to the rear of the motor, though all of that other than the headlights will be changed eventually
                  Dead and sold.

Comment

Thinking of doin some LED swaps with the interior lights, not sure where to get em though. Also wanna do a complete stereo overhaul cuz my speakers and subs are all blown with the exception of the drivers speaker. Wanna go with a new head unit and new speakers all around with a 12" sub in the trunk or swap out the stock subs for better ones
                    Dead and sold.

Comment

Gonna try to figure out some easy, cheap mods to increase my mpgs...not quite sure what yet but I'm gonna look into some things that might work.
                      Dead and sold.

Comment

weight reduction, aerodynamics, slight rake (higher in the rear), lower (an inch, maybe 2... not slammed).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          weight reduction, aerodynamics, slight rake (higher in the rear), lower (an inch, maybe 2... not slammed).
                          So things like removing carpet, rear seats, stuff like that? And the slight rake and lowering is gonna happen, also gonna make an air dam for the rear bumper so it doesn't balloon on the highway
                          Dead and sold.

Comment

there is an actual rear skid plate that was made for fleet vehicles that covered the EVAP box and served the purpose of keeping the rear bumper in check as well. I've only ever seen pictures of it once though.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                              there is an actual rear skid plate that was made for fleet vehicles that covered the EVAP box and served the purpose of keeping the rear bumper in check as well. I've only ever seen pictures of it once though.
                              Any idea where I could find said pictures? I'm sure it'd help in fabbing something up
                              Dead and sold.

Comment

I was mistaken... it's from the evap mount points to the rear bumper cover mounts.

a little google massaging got this:
                                http://www.fleetsafety.com/progard-r...rown-victoria/ (says 04-present, so may not quite fit)

installed pic:

Front skid plate (looks custom) on a 2000 CVPI:

Comment

Working...
                                X