No announcement yet.

1982 Mercury Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got the 3sp OD.. but most of my driving is city-ish.. its more of town driving if you will. i live in the country and i do go through small towns and such but alot of my roads are several miles long with a 45-55 speed limit.. im usually at or below it cuz i like to cruise haha
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

3.73s and don't look back. I've had two panthers with the 3.73s and the AOD. Its a good combo.

Car looks good, bud.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

With lower gearing you don't have to hit the gas as hard to take off from a stop or to go up a hill. The bike is a good example, the lower gears (smaller) allow you to go up hills with less effort, but you can't go as fast on level or downhills. If you're just cruising on your bike you can leave it in the lower gears and you won't get as tired, it's the same with your car's axle ratio.

Btw check the door jam tag, there's a column listed "ax" and it'll tell you what gears you have. Check member "Goodsamaritan" he's got the axle codes in his signature. I believe numbers mean open and letters indicate limited slip carriers, k-code being the desirable 3.55 limited slip.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          Car looks good, bud.
          thanks ive probably got around 2k invested in the car already no including what i paid for it
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
            Btw check the door jam tag, there's a column listed "ax" and it'll tell you what gears you have. Check member "Goodsamaritan" he's got the axle codes in his signature. I believe numbers mean open and letters indicate limited slip carriers, k-code being the desirable 3.55 limited slip.
            i understand... thats where the infamous "k-code" name came from.. ok i will check.. ill even upload a pic of it

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
              in all honesty.. im not sure i would want to.. i never have been a kid that likes speed. i like 0-60 and all that.. but considering shes my daily.. id like to stay as close to 20 as i can hahah.. especially since im unemployed at the moment
              In that case I think you should keep the 255, It's a very rare engine to have, but if it goes ka-putt.. I think that's what you were getting at any way.

by 3 speed overdrive... I assume you mean Automatic Overdrive (AOD?)
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

pretty much.. ill keep it as long as i can. then ill prolly do a five-oh swap. and yes i do mean an AOD

Comment

got the new headers today.. and put them on.. got all the pipes in and the glasspacks back on and the side exit on... this thing... came... ALIVE!...

will upload a vid of it on youtube and post a link tomaro

Comment

POST PICS OF YOUR 77 AT NIGHT WITH THE ANGEL EYES.

That is all.
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

haha ill try to get to it.. shes got a lot of pics

Comment

new headers came and got them on. looks and sounds great!... got them piped out the side in front of eat wheel. all i need now is some nice tips for it and itll look sexy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	0315131342.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1271848Click image for larger version

Name:	0316131156c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1271849

Comment

Broken wheel stud in that last pic!?
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yea when i first got the rims on the car i had hell of a time with them vibrating. the lugs kept coming loose. in an emergency i tried tightening them with a lug wrench and i twisted the stud off.. its only missing about half an inch, so i can still use it, i need a set of locks for the rims anyway

Comment

Are you running a 255/60/15 tire on those 15x8's?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i believe so, my dad gave me these after he got some wider ones for his 84 CV Wag..

Comment

Working...
                                X