1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    ...I think they sell it as the XE258HR now. It also gives some cool idle lope.
    This would need some sort of tune, right?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Dude, you should've PM'd me. I've got a nice painted one with a good badge sitting in my garage from a botched attempt at putting it on my car...
      I didn't know you had one for sale. Was it in the for sale section?
      1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
      Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
      Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
      sigpic

Comment

No, that's my fault LoL. I put it in the box and sealed it before taking pictures of it. Then got too lazy to do that. Figured I'd wait until spring to do that and didn't catch on that anyone needed it.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          This would need some sort of tune, right?

Mine is running with an un-tuned mass air ECM. It would probably do better with a tune, but honestly it doesn't do anything now that has forced my hand in that realm. I have to admit surprise at that. Ported heads and intake too, as well as 1.72 roller rockers.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So, this sucks. The cylinder heads I bought apparently the packaging is damaged. Still has not been delivered. The package comes from New Jersey and the packaging breaks when it is less than 10 miles away. Don't know what happened. Will post more once I know what is going on.
            Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
            sigpic

Comment

Finally got the gt40p heads. All ceramics of the spark plugs are damaged, don't really care because I will replace them. Only is that there is one bolt stuck in the head, I guess it is seized. When I send the heads to be resurfaced, I'll just ask them to fix it.

sigpic

Comment

Not bad Christmas gift for yourself, mang. For the money, they're hard to beat for performance gains. You'll be burning rubber in all four forward gears before I get all the parts together for the all aluminum 302 build... slightly jealous!
                '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Have you got headers or some kind of exhaust manifolds that will fit those GT40P's.
                  And what year Explorer did that lower intake come from? The 96 Explorer intake is a lot easier to use that later ones.

Comment

Plugs are trash anyway, NBD. The broken bolt is also usually not a problem that any competant machine shop can't take care of. Intake side, one of the corner bolts? Those go into water and seem most prone to breaking.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                      Not bad Christmas gift for yourself, mang. For the money, they're hard to beat for performance gains. You'll be burning rubber in all four forward gears before I get all the parts together for the all aluminum 302 build... slightly jealous!
                      Since I can get almost 300 hp at the crank, I decided to better use these heads instead of buying new heads. With the price of new heads I was able to get these, complete intake manifold, and possible turbo(won't be running much). What block are you using?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcninetyone View Post
                        Have you got headers or some kind of exhaust manifolds that will fit those GT40P's.
                        And what year Explorer did that lower intake come from? The 96 Explorer intake is a lot easier to use that later ones.
                        Still have no idea. I have heard I may need to get special shorty headers,I think. There are some headers that will allow me to use a 90 degree boot. Still need to find more info. I got it from a 98 I think. It has the EGR port integrated. I don't think I will be using the egr.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Plugs are trash anyway, NBD. The broken bolt is also usually not a problem that any competant machine shop can't take care of. Intake side, one of the corner bolts? Those go into water and seem most prone to breaking.
                          That is the one that is broken. Hopefully now in January I will be taking these heads to be resurfaced and fix that bolt. I will check the valves,clean them, and lap them if possible.
                          sigpic

Comment

FRP headers.
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Change the valve seals if you're pulling the valves. They are cheap and there is no better time to replace them if the springs are off anyway. I'd go for better springs too, the stock ones are pretty much crap.

Comment

I approve! Lol
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X