No announcement yet.

1984 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went through a body plug in the firewall below the cowel near the booster. Is there another way?

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

Chillin at work.

My coworker here builds circuits and such at his other job and brought me some pins to try on the ECM for the fuel flow wire.

'93 T-bird
      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
      '88 Mark VII
      '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        or find Ryan or Zack since you're in that area and see if they have any pins lying around.
        If you need a pin, let me know, I have ...a lot laying around.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          If you need a pin, let me know, I have ...a lot laying around.
          Thanks. I was so bored here at work I put one in that my coworker gave me. I'll see if it works when I leave at midnight.

'93 T-bird
          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
          '88 Mark VII
          '86 CV

Comment

I haven't updated since I put the tripminder in. It works. I think the fuel flow pin is loose because the econ will go on and off sometimes. I'll fix that next time I get the chance.

I had to put an alternator in it Thursday cause the fiancee needed to use it on Saturday. I had to go put tires on her car and she needed a vehicle for work. Because I was pressed for time when it crapped out I had to throw a 2G in it. Over the winter or before the spring I'll put a 3G in. The stalling problem I had was related to the alternator. After reading about the choke in another thread being run off the alternator, it made sense what was going on. After the new alternator went in it ran way better.

Notice all the black dust. Thats from the alternator. The alternator on my MarkVII did the same thing.

Here's a pic from last week covered in snow.

'93 T-bird
            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
            '88 Mark VII
            '86 CV

Comment

I did the same thing a couple years ago. I was getting ready to put a 3G in and then the 2G crapped out before I was ready. It's been in there ever since; though it's weak because it doesn't seem to be able to run the blinkers properly at idle. Also the lights dim and ocassionally flicker. Probably got other issues.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                I did the same thing a couple years ago. I was getting ready to put a 3G in and then the 2G crapped out before I was ready. It's been in there ever since; though it's weak because it doesn't seem to be able to run the blinkers properly at idle. Also the lights dim and ocassionally flicker. Probably got other issues.

Packman
                Yep still got the slow blinkers at idle. But not as bad as before. Before the new alternator it was almost a solid second before the blinkers would come on when I turned them on.

'93 T-bird
                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                '88 Mark VII
                '86 CV

Comment

the Lincoln doesn't waver at all... the 88 lags just a bit... the 93 (also 130A upgraded) lags a bit at idle.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Very sweet! I like it!

Motor City Patrick
                    1988 MGM

Comment

Thank you! I haven't done much to it lately cause of work and my house. I'm hoping sometime after Christmas to start getting some stuff done.

'93 T-bird
                      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                      '88 Mark VII
                      '86 CV

Comment

Check out what I got on ebay this week. $56 shipped and in almost new condition.

I'm guessing in the second pic on the bottom is some sort of wiring schematic with wire locations, sizes, connectors and descriptions. If I can scan or take better pics of it I will. It's pretty neat.

Since I already have an '84 body manual and EVTM I'll be willing to sell them here if someone needs them.

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

What is 2G and 3 G alternater?

Motor City Patrick
                          1988 MGM

Comment

Box panthers originally came with an alternator that was good for 65amps. The power produced by the alternator goes through a plastic wiring harness and often times it will melt and catch on fire. The 3G alternators are good for 120amps or more and look visually different. The charge cable connects to a stud on the alternator rather than a pigtail connector, which is much safer.

Pic of 2G and 3G alternators. 3G is the one on the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unY8J.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1273579

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                            2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                            2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Thanks

Motor City Patrick
                              1988 MGM

Comment

Box panther? I have an 88 M gM, is it am box panther?

Motor City Patrick
                                1988 MGM

Comment

Working...
                                X