X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pantera77
    replied
    Originally posted by sly View Post
    or find Ryan or Zack since you're in that area and see if they have any pins lying around.
    If you need a pin, let me know, I have ...a lot laying around.

Leave a comment:

• purplebomb302
    replied
    Chillin at work.

My coworker here builds circuits and such at his other job and brought me some pins to try on the ECM for the fuel flow wire.

Leave a comment:

• purplebomb302
    replied
    Went through a body plug in the firewall below the cowel near the booster. Is there another way?

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
    I finally got around to putting the tripminder in.

Wiring was pretty easy. I've got an EVTM for it and using a pinout from an old thread I found helped out. But the only problem I have is getting the wire into the ECM. I've got the hole drilled but I don't have a pin to put in there. Something I should seek at the j/y?
    Tangent..... What way did you get to the ECM? Did you remove inner fender well?

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    or find Ryan or Zack since you're in that area and see if they have any pins lying around.

Leave a comment:

• purplebomb302
    replied
    I finally got around to putting the tripminder in.

Wiring was pretty easy. I've got an EVTM for it and using a pinout from an old thread I found helped out. But the only problem I have is getting the wire into the ECM. I've got the hole drilled but I don't have a pin to put in there. Something I should seek at the j/y?

Leave a comment:

• purplebomb302
    replied
    Originally posted by 84GrandMarquis View Post
    Ah CFI goodness at it's best. My '84 did the same exact things. Filter and injector were good on mine, I just think it's the silly early fuel injection system that could be causing your issue
    It could be. I know it needs a tune up and filters.

Leave a comment:

• Nvy
    replied
    very nice find purple, lil' late here but i been away from the forums for a bit but indeed a VERY good catch ya got there! Take care of her.
    Last edited by Nvy; 08-04-2013, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 84GrandMarquis
    replied
    I've thought about it. Kinda on the fence a little.

I got the car on the road yesterday and drove it. It's not bad. Seems to stumble a lot when on the gas or taking off from a stop with putting the gas more than half down. I still have to change the fuel filter and i'd like to clean the injectors.
    Ah CFI goodness at it's best. My '84 did the same exact things. Filter and injector were good on mine, I just think it's the silly early fuel injection system that could be causing your issue

Leave a comment:

• purplebomb302
    replied
    Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Looks like a fun project!

Random thought: Maybe get an early-style grille to go with the '79 bumper and inserts?
    I've thought about it. Kinda on the fence a little.

I got the car on the road yesterday and drove it. It's not bad. Seems to stumble a lot when on the gas or taking off from a stop with putting the gas more than half down. I still have to change the fuel filter and i'd like to clean the injectors.

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Looks like a fun project!

Random thought: Maybe get an early-style grille to go with the '79 bumper and inserts?

Leave a comment:

• purplebomb302
    replied
    Since I didn't have anything better to do at work on overtime I thought I'd paint the gas tank.

The straps won't be in till Wednesday along with the h-pipe for the exhaust.

Leave a comment:

• purplebomb302
    replied
    Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    If your gonna drive it in the winter, get it oil undercoated after POR 15ing's it. I POR 15'd the shit out of the underside of my old 91 Grand Marq, and after 2 Buffalo winters the rust was already coming back.
    Definitely not going to be a winter vehicle.

I replaced the ignition switch today. It wouldn't go back to accessory.

Here's what the old on looked like:

I also have to replace the headlight switch as I don't have dash lights or warning lights or chime and adjusting the headlight switch left and right to dim the dash lights blew the fuse.

Leave a comment:

• pantera77
    replied
    If your gonna drive it in the winter, get it oil undercoated after POR 15ing's it. I POR 15'd the shit out of the underside of my old 91 Grand Marq, and after 2 Buffalo winters the rust was already coming back.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    How much is por 15? Is it expensive?
    Yeah it is expensive, especially when you taek into consideration all of the other things you need to do the job right.

You can get an idea if prices on ebay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X