No announcement yet.

1984 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grille looks great, matches the bumper perfectly.

Those damn rear seat bolts suck ass don't they? How are you liking those seats? They go in ok?

Which valve covers were you thinking of getting? I have a set of the black Ford Racing ones I'd let go cheap.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The grille looks great. What did you use to shine it up ?
      What are you going to do with the old grille ?

Comment

Nice touches on both the air cleaner and grille. Car looks sharp.

I'd go with those black Ford Racing covers, would match the air cleaner.

Comment

Looking good! I vote for ford racing covers! Your choice is endless without EFI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grille looks good. Matches the inserts in the bumper. Very nice.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The grill looks great!
              The Fist of Pain
              2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Thanks everyone! I really do enjoy the older style grille.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                The grille looks great. What did you use to shine it up ?
                What are you going to do with the old grille ?
                Thanks! I didn;t do anything to shine it up yet. Right now I've got the old one hanging up in the garage.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                New grille looks great, matches the bumper perfectly.

Those damn rear seat bolts suck ass don't they? How are you liking those seats? They go in ok?

Which valve covers were you thinking of getting? I have a set of the black Ford Racing ones I'd let go cheap.

Those seats are awesome! Everything went together ok. Definitely like I'm driving a couch. I still haven't put the rear seat back on yet. Those bolts are a real bitch getting out. I lost my 1/2" to 3/8" adapter I need for my impact gun. Trying to hold the ratchet on there with a small extension so I could use a 2ft pipe to try and get them loose is difficult to do and not very helpful.

How much you want for them covers? I was looking at a set of proform Ford racing ones that were black a while ago but haven't jumped on them yet.

Front seats installed:

'93 T-bird
                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                '88 Mark VII
                '86 CV

Comment

Friday I worked on the car for most of the day. I did a tune-up, replaced a leaky fuel pressure regulator, injector o-rings, dismantled and cleaned the TB.

All 8 plugs looked like this:

And both injectors looked like this:

And by looking at other stuff, someone's been in the TB area before. ALL 4 bolts holding the TB to the intake were loose, like finger tight and the plugs were barely tight to the cylinder heads. There was no effort in getting those old Autolites out. I replaced them with Motorcraft coppers. Also the choke has been messed up since I bought this car. Adjustments for it were way outta whack so I hope that messing around with the choke I somewhat sorta fixed it.

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

I am not familiar with the CFI injectors but if they are to look like the efi injectors than you have something wrong going on there.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The seats look good!
                      The Fist of Pain
                      2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Thanks Pat!

Yea there's something definitely wrong with them. The ends shouldn't look like that at all. Melted looking and whatnot. The car does seem to run ok with the way they are. So far so good. I plan on picking up a set in the future.

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by PainFisted View Post
                          The seats look good!
                          x2!

Comment

I have yet to get the rear seat back out. I got one bolt so far with my breaker and impact. The other one is being so stubborn. I may have to either cut the tab off with the dremel and use a self tapper or drill out the bolt out. I got a feeling that won't go well at all.

'93 T-bird
                            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                            '88 Mark VII
                            '86 CV

Comment

You can see the thread of those bolts it you get under the car near the bottom of the wheel arch in the back. Lube it up there and then put the torx in and smack it with a BFH a fw time to knock it loose. Try and impact as well.

I saved the day a few Scottfests ago when Scott (mr. marquis) was pulling a minty red interior for his marquis and they got stumped by one rear seat bolt. I had vise grips and consensus said to just rip the tab off. Everyone was happy in the end.
                              ~David~

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I've been trying PB blaster on the threads that I see and a BFH on the socket and using my impact but it's not working. I may try to get some vice grips on the end threads to see if I can't get it started. If all else fails I may cut the top off the bolt off with a dremel and try to pull the rest of it out through the bottom with vice grips or with nuts.

'93 T-bird
                                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                                '88 Mark VII
                                '86 CV

Comment

Working...
                                X