No announcement yet.

1984 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those seat bolts I usually end up using a breaker bar with a nice long pipe on the handle, somethings bound to break with that combo.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

It's the angle of everything to get that bastard out. I had a 3ft pipe on my breaker. and kept feeling the torx wanting to slip. I didn't do anything to it today. I'll try tomorrow before work.

'93 T-bird
      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
      '88 Mark VII
      '86 CV

Comment

need another set of hands to hold the wrench on the bolt.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

heat it up from the underside.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got pissed and cut the tab off.

Seat back on:

'93 T-bird
            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
            '88 Mark VII
            '86 CV

Comment

I bought an engine off of pantera77 in pretty decent shape. I also got some valve covers from him too and some other little bits.

I decided to swap the TB from the new engine onto mine today before work. Boy what an improvement. It starts, idles and drives way better than it has since I've owned it.

One thing that's got me is that the 1st-2nd shift is way better. Instead of taking around 2 seconds to shift, it shifts like my Mark did. You could feel it shift outta 1st then take forever to complete. Kinda hard to describe. It don't do that no more.

'93 T-bird
              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
              '88 Mark VII
              '86 CV

Comment

Hey can you count the amount of oil pan bolts please? If you bought the tranny to from Zach how many bolts holding the transmission pan?
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Hey can you count the amount of oil pan bolts please? If you bought the tranny to from Zach how many bolts holding the transmission pan?
                  There are 22 bolts. Unfortunately I didn't buy the trans off of him. I've got no room for it.

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

No problem. Appreciate the info.

Oh and the only two bolts that are different than then rest are the two that go into the timing cover?
                    ~David~

Comment

Yea they have threads sticking past the nut.

'93 T-bird
                      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                      '88 Mark VII
                      '86 CV

Comment

You're telling me that the two bolts that hold the oil pain up to the bottom of the timing cover on that engine have threads past the nut?
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          No problem. Appreciate the info.

Oh and the only two bolts that are different than then rest are the two that go into the timing cover?
                          The rear 2 oil pan bolts and the 2 that go into the timing cover are different.

So swapping the CFI unit helped huh? Glad to see my old engine going to a good use!
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            The rear 2 oil pan bolts and the 2 that go into the timing cover are different.

So swapping the CFI unit helped huh? Glad to see my old engine going to a good use!
                            Yes it has! I knew something was up with mine when I looked at those injectors.

I think I may have a vac leak someplace. When I floor it, wether its from a dead stop or cruising, I get a couple pops like a backfire from someplace then it gets up and boogies. Not too concerned about it now since I haven't been doing a lot of that.

Maybe next monday I'll do the headers and valve covers. Depends on how lazy I'll be from having an actual 3 day weekend.

'93 T-bird
                            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                            '88 Mark VII
                            '86 CV

Comment

So I was only able to accomplish the valve covers today. I didn't realize how much of a bitch these were to do. I don't remember them being this hard when I had my Mark VII. It wasn't that bad to do. I broke 1 bolt on the pass side tightening it down. Never felt it get tight then snap. Defective bolt maybe. I bought all new ones as the old stock ones wouldn't reach the head.

On a scale of 1-10 for difficulty, a thrown extension with a long 11mm socket is about a 3. So about a 3. So far no oil leaks with the broken bolt.

I'm also glad I've got a spare motor. The end of the coil where the plug wire goes onto broke off inside the wire so I had to swap coils. Thankfully the spare also had nice gaskets cause I forgot to buy them.

Oh, and the past owner didn't like oil changes too much.

So I'm hoping within the week here I can do the headers. I'm absolutely sick of the noise coming from the broken AIR line on the pass side cat.

Also, does anyone know what size belt to use with A/C for a smog delete?

'93 T-bird
                              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                              '88 Mark VII
                              '86 CV

Comment

Valve covers look good, and yes, they look so easy on a CFI car, but they kinda blow in reality. Those Permadry's have been on nearly everyone of my cars, they get around!
                                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X