No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could definitely be a normal amount of moisture for sitting that long. However when my car had bad intake gaskets, the coolant turned the oil into a milky sludge. The coolant in the radiator remained clean and free of any oil.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

I already have gaskets on order so will change them anyway.

Comment

I would be doing a compression and leak down check on that engine. Might find that is just an intake issue. Or, no issue at all.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          I am starting to wonder if perhaps it's from sitting all winter and moisture just accumulated in the engine because the coolant looked nice and clean.

That's what I'd bet.

You should see the Battle Wagon's oil if you want to worry. In the winter you could make gallons of cream cheese with what's under the oil cap.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post

You should see the Battle Wagon's oil if you want to worry. In the winter you could make gallons of cream cheese with what's under the oil cap.

In the winter, I take the cap of the 4.6, and sling the crap on to the ground. Splat!
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I went totally ape shit on bignslow tonight. Started pulling the motor and tranny out when it decided that the center of gravity will be in the rear and then fell backwards pulling the crane with it and smashing the license plate cover while spewing the remains of tranny fluid and coolant all over the garage floor. So it looks like I will be taking the nose off to get the drivetrain out. No big deal except one of the corner light bolts decided not to come out soon enough. That's when all hell broke loose and I ripped the corner light out of the fender and proceeded to smash it into millions of pieces. I called it quits for the night because I was too pissed off and didn't want to break any more shit.

Comment

I love breaking stuff and regretting it seconds later.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  I love breaking stuff and regretting it seconds later.
                  but you also have plenty of replacements to make up for it too

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sometimes I throw tools as well as breaking shit. I've thrown parts too. Of course all was done while having a fit of tourettes.

'93 T-bird
                    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                    '88 Mark VII
                    '86 CV

Comment

Temper temper temper. At least you stopped or you might have to attend the next anger management class in your area.

Comment

I don't often throw things, but I will refer to those things as "pieces of junk", even if it's not really junk but just being stubborn. Applies to 90% of the things I have and will ever own.

I might throw something that is definitely broken beyond repair. I mean, it's already broken.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Can we have a moment of silence?

If you look hard enough through the junk you will find a tudor.

Comment

Hmmm. Too bad those fenders aren't Twilight Blue. Cuz then I'd want 'em.
                            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

You could always paint them. That's what I did. One was green the other was pink. lol

Last edited by Mr Bean; 05-07-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

If you wanna stash them til STAP, I would probably take them off your hands. Assuming the price is right.

See if they'll fit in the trunk of the Tudor. If not, forget it.
                                Would they fit in my back seat?

Comment

Working...
                                X