Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much fun /sarcasm

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Guess I should post an update however small it may be. Wiring has been kicking my ass lately so progress has been slow. Running new wires and making it look halfway decent takes a fair amount of time as it turns out. I am hoping the dash is finally complete. Right now this is a mock up install. It will have to come back out so I can get it all sprayed in the correct color.

Door panels and 09+ switches are also mocked up (not pictured) and tested. Keyless works too. I am keeping stock panels and integrating the switches into them. Doing newer panels is too much work for too little gain so I decided against it.

I have a bunch of parts in boxes waiting to be installed. New KYB police shocks and struts, new rotors and pads, TCE brake hoses, Addco sway bars among other stuff.

Now that the wiring is mostly complete progress should pick up.

Also, can one of the mods rename the thread title for me?

Comment

Progress is good, no matter how small. Looking good. Sticking with a grey interior?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Love the "redneck" jacks! This is a HELLAVA LOT of work. Are you doing it all in your garage? Either way, GOOD JOB!!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

This has to be one of the coolest build threads. Awesome work!

Did you ever figure out the steering shaft issue with clearing the headers?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              Progress is good, no matter how small. Looking good. Sticking with a grey interior?
              Changing the interior to black to match the Marauder seats.

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              Love the "redneck" jacks! This is a HELLAVA LOT of work. Are you doing it all in your garage? Either way, GOOD JOB!!! Bobby
              Thanks. Canadian jack stands are best jack stands. lol Yea, I am doing it all in my garage.

Originally posted by slack View Post
              This has to be one of the coolest build threads. Awesome work!

Did you ever figure out the steering shaft issue with clearing the headers?
              I ended up refuckulating the firewall and moving the steering shaft over a tad. Now everything clears.

Comment

"refuckulating"?? Stop using those damn tech terms!! LOL

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                  "refuckulating"?? Stop using those damn tech terms!! LOL
                  It's not just a tech term, it's a ROCKET SCIENCE term.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I love projects like this. Makes me see what is possible and makes me wanna spend more money I don't have. (re: ain't gonna happen for me, but I can dream)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Was looking for A-pillar gauge pods and saw a pic of the Aero with a gauge pod on the a-pillar over on CVN. Where the hell did you get it and what was it designed to fit? If I have that info, I can probably find a single 2-5/8 pod for my tach.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        Was looking for A-pillar gauge pods and saw a pic of the Aero with a gauge pod on the a-pillar over on CVN. Where the hell did you get it and what was it designed to fit? If I have that info, I can probably find a single 2-5/8 pod for my tach.
                        Mine was for a Marauder. Took a little persuasion with a heat gun to get it to fit as it's earlier pillars aren't exactly the same.

Comment

So today I made a thing.

Ignore the reverse light being on. One of the bulbs is burned out and tranny must be in reverse.

Comment

Nice. What did you use for the mirrors?

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                              Nice. What did you use for the mirrors?
                              I think I posted about the mirrors somewhere earlier in this thread. I ripped apart Muth mirrors that I had on my 96' and used the LED modules on box mirrors.

Comment

Wait... is that... a MOD!?!?

That, is, awesome. A complete inversion of Scott/John's 5.0 Aero. Love it!
                                1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Working...
                                X