No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rear brakes are in. Will have to take them back out when I pull the axle to paint and install trac lock.

Ripped front suspension apart and installed new KYB struts. Also had to order new upper ball joints because dust boots on mine were shot. New brake rotors and pads will also be going in as well as TCE braided stainless hoses.

Call me a ricer but red calipers just because.

Last edited by Mr Bean; 07-08-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I so prefer the black for sleeper look... but red is always an option.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I really hate rust and the fact that Ford didn't bother to paint the calipers on these cars. I spent the last 2 nights with a dremel cleaning the other caliper and caliper brackets to bare metal so I could paint them. My white work shirt was brown when I was finished. Removing rust is the shittiest part of this project. I can't wait for it to be done. Rear axle is the only thing left to clean and paint at this point. My 31 spline trac lock and CHE control arms should be here next week so I can tackle that soon.

Comment

Aw, man, sorry you did all that work. There's some product out there you could have soaked those rusty calipers and it would have cleaned them completely in a day or two. I forget which other member did so, and what the product was called,but there's some magic dip stuff out there that devours rust.

IIRC the person soaked their rusty rear drums and they came out looking like new. Maybe even did some body panels or parts of them.
          Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 07-11-2014, 10:59 PM.
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Evaporust. Safe on everything but rust.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Evaporust. Safe on everything but rust.
              I used that stuff before. Takes forever.

Comment

love the sequentials. gonna be a set on my box merc soon as well.
                Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I so wanna to sequentials on my MGM too... but I don't wanna have to change the socket. I wonder if a 912 bulb will fit in there and light it up like the high side of the others and then I can just rewire that stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I guess if you just want to have turn signals and not have the inner bulbs light up with the tail lights you can use stock bulbs.

Comment

If I can get something with a 194 base that's as bright as the brake lights... I kinda would like it that way actually.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        If I can get something with a 194 base that's as bright as the brake lights... I kinda would like it that way actually.
                        Would be interested in what you come up with. Not thrilled about enlarging the tail light sockets and changing the bulb structure. I know it is not complicated but just don't feel like I want to do it!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          I so wanna to sequentials on my MGM too... but I don't wanna have to change the socket. I wonder if a 912 bulb will fit in there and light it up like the high side of the others and then I can just rewire that stuff.
                          if you got a dremel. its the easiest thing in the world. ive done the taillight mod myself. i actaully painted mine though. they have "metallic" paint in there. helped a ton, and i dremelled out the third socket to fir the 1157. mine are all wired as turn/brake now wit every intention of the sequentials to come soon.
                          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                            if you got a dremel. its the easiest thing in the world. ive done the taillight mod myself. i actaully painted mine though. they have "metallic" paint in there. helped a ton, and i dremelled out the third socket to fir the 1157. mine are all wired as turn/brake now wit every intention of the sequentials to come soon.
                            Not everyone has steady hands with a dremel. I do have one, but with lenses, I tend to not wanna screw with them.

Comment

921 = 264 lumens
                              3157= 302 lumens

I think that's close enough to play ball.

Comment

Hey guys how do the front door speakers mount on these cars? Are there pods that hold them in place or do I just have to find the right size speaker and screw them right into the doors? Also, anyone have a pair of plastic speaker covers that attach to the door panels? My car didn't have door speakers so I don't have anything there for it.

Also, what size are the parcel shelf speakers? 6x8?
                                Last edited by Mr Bean; 07-13-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X