No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear deck should be 6x9 (at least that's what's in both my 82 Mark VI and 88 MGM). Front door should be 6.5 direct to the door, 5.25 with the standard pod and 6.25 with the premium pod. 5" in the dash so adapters for 4 inch would be the need there if you use those spots. All 6 locations are loaded in my Mark

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Speakers in the doors get screwed directly to the door.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Ok thanks. Are the speaker grilles in the doors unique to boxes only or are they the same for multitude of Ford vehicles?

Comment

the grill itself was an 80s thing. boxes and trucks I know for sure had similar if not the same grills for the doors.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Front suspension is done which means I can reassemble the rest of the nose and finally start this thing up.

Comment

Comment

Sweet!
                RyPow
                1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
                1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
                2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
                1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
                2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
                2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Getting closer. I dumped a jug of oil into the motor today only to watch it come out from a lose drain plug. FML! I should be able to fire it up tomorrow or the next day. Gotta hook up tranny lines and install the driveshaft then fill it with fluids and it should be good to go.

CHE control arms and Watts link are in.

As is the 31 spline locker.

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                        This!

Comment

Looking good!
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Awesome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

A video update because I reached a milestone.

Comment

'93 T-bird
                                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                                '88 Mark VII
                                '86 CV

Comment

Working...
                                X