No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, I did the opposite and harvested the faux wood grain panels from the '90 MGM that I was picking apart.

Packman

Comment

How'd you go about converting all the tudor interior panels to black? Did you dye it all? What about the carpet? Looks fantastic, glad to see it moving. I'd suggest some lesser sidewall tires though, maybe something like 255/40/18 Those things look like balloons

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
        How'd you go about converting all the tudor interior panels to black? Did you dye it all? What about the carpet? Looks fantastic, glad to see it moving. I'd suggest some lesser sidewall tires though, maybe something like 255/40/18 Those things look like balloons
        I used PlastiKote black vinyl paint to do all the interior panels. I got new carpet from Rock Auto and will get a headliner redone locally. Rear tires will be replaced with something smaller. 285/50 is an odd size and hard to find too so I will go with Nittos. Maybe same size as the fronts, not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          I got new carpet from Rock Auto
          How's the quality on that carpet? Holes pre-cut for various wiring, etc?
          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
            How's the quality on that carpet? Holes pre-cut for various wiring, etc?
            The carpet material is nice quality. It comes with OEM looking padding and molded rubber pad for the driver, like OEM. I opted for the premium carpet which is thicker than the regular one. It's molded to fit the floor and fits pretty good. None of the holes are precut, you gotta do that yourself. I actually prefer to cut the holes myself. It also requires a little trimming around the door sills as they leave extra material there.

Comment

Did you dye your backseat and what'd you do about your door panels. Them being carpet on the bottoms and all?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

All the seats are out of Marauder which are already black so didn't have to do anything with them. I painted the door panels with same vinyl paint including the carpet on the bottoms.

Comment

All the seats are out of Marauder which are already black so didn't have to do anything with them. I painted the door panels with same vinyl paint including the carpet on the bottoms.
                  Whale seats just fit in no problem??

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                    Whale seats just fit in no problem??
                    The floor pans are different so outer rails require a spacer for the seats to sit straight. Also have to drill a new bolt hole on the outer rail about an inch over.

Comment

Sorry, I meant back seats.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Oh. Yea those just fit in.

Comment

Oh. Yea those just fit in.
                          Good to know!

Do you ever plan to lower the car a little bit? I'm usually not a fan.. But your rear looks a little tall

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I think that's just the effect of those huge tires.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I love the stance of your car, LEAVE IT!

It looks muscly with the back end sitting up high with big tires under it.
                              79 Grand Marquis

Comment

I am close to finishing the interior.

Comment

Working...
                                X