No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The switches look fantastic. What did you use to cover up the existing holes? (I'm assuming you pulled away the thin metal covering over the plastic and replaced it with your own?)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
      The switches look fantastic. What did you use to cover up the existing holes? (I'm assuming you pulled away the thin metal covering over the plastic and replaced it with your own?)
      Yea, that's basically it. Peel the old covers off, glue the new switches into place. Clean up the area so it's somewhat smooth. Then I used some construction aluminum to cut out new covers. I covered them with brushed stainless steel vinyl to match the rest of the trim. Hardest part was cutting out holes for the buttons and filing them smooth.

Comment

So bad ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats very appealing to the eyes. Really good work on those switch panels.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've been putting off the switches because they are tedious but they are finally complete. Driver side didn't come out as nice because I chipped chrome surround in a couple of places. I will see if I can touch it up with something.

If anyone is curious what they look like underneath, this is it. If the switches ever fail I can simply grab another set from a 2011 and swap them in.

Comment

Looks killer Serge. Even if I think the stock box interior is better
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Wow, the switch integration is friggin' amazing!!! This looks so good! I hope to see this thing in person one day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                  They don't. They do slide forward pretty far so the rear passengers can still get in and out but it's not ideal. 99% of the time I don't have anyone in the back so I am not too worried about it.
                  An unused rear seat is a good spot for a subwoofer box.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                  mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                    An unused rear seat is a good spot for a subwoofer box.
                    nah... package shelf and relocate the spare tire down.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      nah... package shelf and relocate the spare tire down.
                      fill trunk with allll the subs
                      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Guys, I don't do audio. lol Stock head unit is good enough for me.

Comment

Oh come on. A badass ride like that NEEDS a badass sound system.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                          mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                            Oh come on. A badass ride like that NEEDS a badass sound system.
                            Engine and exhaust is the sound system
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

weak. theres a difference between audio and quality audio. i do the latter of the 2.
                              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

All depends upon how good your hearing is. For better or worse I was born with perfect pitch (as opposed to relative pitch). In addition, I have a strong musical background so the "right" sound is important. That all being said I would not dump big bucks into audio for a car. Too easy to develop "feet"!! I have made "accommodations" that both fit my pocket and ears!! Bottom line - install what sounds good to you - not what someone else thinks sounds good.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X