No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanfest sounds sweet. I assume its panel vans and conversion vans and such?

I love how you had put so much work into that car in such a short amount of time. Definitely a sweet ride!

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

im workin on a valence for my box too. mines off a Volvo :3 check it out on my RR.
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
        im workin on a valence for my box too. mines off a Volvo :3 check it out on my RR.
        need to hurry up and finish that so we can see it

Do you plan to daily drive this car? Any numbers you're hoping to get from it power wise?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

serge great job I love how the car turned out hard to believe I remember when you first started that project

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Zach was asking how front bumper attached to the frame. Here are a couple of pics of the brackets that I fabbed up. Basically stock 03+ bumper supports chopped off at the end and a couple of end plates from box bumper brackets welded at the end. New holes has to be drilled in box bumper reinforcement.

For anyone wondering, I no longer have 5 mph front bumpers.

Last edited by Mr Bean; 12-22-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, since it's winter and cold and no heated garage I haven't done anything to the car. However, I had a lot of time to brainstorm ideas for Spring.

One thing that bugs me about this car are the big bulky bumpers. Has anyone ever test fitted 85-89 Town Car bumpers on a pre 89' GMQ or LTD? Looking at the pictures they look like they may fit but too close to call without test fitting. There is a Lincoln at one of the local junk yards. I thought about grabbing a pair or bumpers to test.

Comment

If you have a garage at all, some place to get out of the wind, rain and snow, you're a step up on a lot of us. Hoping to have a house bought by this fall, and if I do then it has to have 2 bay garage minimum. Hoping to have an attached garage for our cars to normally park in and a single or double garage detached for a workshop. I don't care if it's not heated, I'll insulate the crap out of it and put in a wood-burning stove or two.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I just read every page of this thread and YOU ARE THE MAN!

Car is fan-fucking-tastic. God this thing rocks
                  1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                    Hey guys, since it's winter and cold and no heated garage I haven't done anything to the car. However, I had a lot of time to brainstorm ideas for Spring.

One thing that bugs me about this car are the big bulky bumpers. Has anyone ever test fitted 85-89 Town Car bumpers on a pre 89' GMQ or LTD? Looking at the pictures they look like they may fit but too close to call without test fitting. There is a Lincoln at one of the local junk yards. I thought about grabbing a pair or bumpers to test.
                    Here is a thread that talks about differences in bumpers. Of course, going to the 88-91 stuff would solve your problem

Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 02-16-2015, 06:43 PM.
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post

Dunno about the town car specific bumpers but the '87 CV header panel with the '89 CV bumper looked fugly IMO. The '89 bumper sat too far in compared to the '87 header panel and sort of looked like the front of it was "punched in the mouth". I can't find a pic of it but I could have sworn I had one. The rubber surround for the bumper didn't look right for the front. The back looks okay though. My current config for the front has the '87 Bumper, filler panels, header panel, hood. Back has '87 bumper with '89 bumper surround and '89 rear trunk and lights. Doesn't look too bad. (Hopefully I'll get around to fixing the back this spring/summer)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Removing the calf catcher bumpers is a box federal crime.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

IMO the "wrap around" bumpers are better. the ones that tuck in the body have smoother lines but they just look out of place. im actually thinking of doing the opposite. swapping 79-87 bumpers onto my gf's 88
                          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Summer seems to be taking its sweet ass time. I put the battery back in today and drove it around the block a couple of times. I gotta finish a couple of last things with the drivetrain and get it prepped for painting.

Comment

I really really really hope that you take all of the trim off of it when you get it painted. With the amount of work you done it wouldn't make sense to start half assing things.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's really the only way to do it, especially since it was a different color before.

Comment

Working...
                                X