Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of what it looks like together?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Black is a very difficult paint to get perfect on a car that is why you pay more for black paint on a car so don't feel bad. You may have gotten some rotten paint too that sat on the shelf too long just ask Nate he can tell you about rotten paint.

Comment

I'll see if I can get some better ones in the next few days. There is plenty of orange peel that I haven't bothered to wet sand because paint felt soft. I might give it a go since I haven't got much to lose at this point.

Comment

Maybe it's just taking it's time to harden?

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I thought about it. It hasn't gotten really hot out this year yet and I haven't had a chance to leave it out in the sun to bake.

Comment

I'd do a lot more research on the issue before I played with it. That is a LOT of work you did and I'd hate to see it screwed with when all that is required is patience.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

It still looks great!!

Also, you can pry the amber reflectors off the corner markers to make them completely clear
                Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 06-13-2015, 09:41 PM.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I LURV doze headlights.

+1 try baking the car first. Down here, we have more a problem with paint curing too fast. Wanting to wait for it to skin over to give another coat and come back and it's dry.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

A couple of better pics. Now I am starting to wonder if the paint is still curing because this morning it didn't feel as soft as it did before.

Comment

Might just be a heat and time issue. Hopefully a couple days in a nice hot sun will sort you out. Looks pretty good though, hopefully it will harden up and let you wet sand out the peel.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That will look awesome once you wetsand it! You have a hell of a lot more patience and dedication than I do.

And it does sound like you're having a heat issue. You need to leave it out in the hot sun to bake, otherwise the paint never fully cures. I was told by my body guy this is why a lot of shops tell people to give it a month before touching the paint even if they bake it.

2003 Crown Vic HPP- 3.27s. Dual exhaust. 11.25" torque converter, Arnott Limo Duty HPP-rate rear air springs. 205,xxx miles. (Stolen by the old man)
                        1995 Impala SS- 28,293 miles. The Lovely Lady
                        2003 BMW 325i- 113,xxx miles. KYB ZHP(M)-spec struts, Rear M3 shocks, Exhaust butterfly valve delete, USB and Bluetooth playback with stock head unit, Projector Retrofitted lights, Euro-convex mirrors, slotted-not drilled rotors all around.

Comment

I would've left everything off until you wet sanded and buffed it.

Give me your doors.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I think I got this paint problem resolved. Took all of 5 minutes to fix.

Pretty sure it's mint now.

Comment

That cars way to nice to wear a roadkill sticker. Should have left it in primer for that.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I smile every time I see the outside and inside of the car in the same picture.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X