Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My compliments to the Chef.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      Wow!!! I will go back and reread this, but did you put different cams in the Navi engine or is it stock? Otherwise, your project is making me want to do that to my MGM. LOL

Packman
      I swapped stock cams to 96-98 Cobra cams. I am also running 03' 4.6 DOHC heads.

Comment

Outstanding workmanship on the heater box!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
          Outstanding workmanship on the heater box!
          I know, right? We were discussing this a while ago and I was like the only way that shit will work is if the entire section of the plenum gets cut off and nudged over and put together again somehow, likely with trimming still being needed on the engine side... And sure enough, that's exactly what he did! Shame that bitch ain't made of steel, I'd have had a field day with it - plastic not so much, he obviously gots way much talent there.
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

wink wink nudge nudge... awesome work... say no more.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks mangs.

We are close to being finished tuning the car so I made a couple of videos.

Here is a short walk around.

Comment

The level of workmanship that went into your car is above reproach. It has to be the perfect box panther!

How's the A/C?
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The A/C doesn't currently work. I need to source a temp sensor that goes into the top of the evap housing. Until that's hooked up it won't work. It's charged and everything, just won't turn on without that sensor.

Comment

Let's go for a ride.

Comment

planning to boost it?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That's great. Superb really. I would even love to get caught at the worlds longest stoplight if I was driving that. Looks and sounds stellar.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Just awesome.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                            The A/C doesn't currently work. I need to source a temp sensor that goes into the top of the evap housing. Until that's hooked up it won't work. It's charged and everything, just won't turn on without that sensor.
                            Ain't you gonna lose a bunch of the charge when you go to put the sensor in?

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                            I would even love to get caught at the worlds longest stoplight if I was driving that.
                            Not without A/C you won't
                            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Thanks guys. The car will be staying na. No plans to add boost at this time. The temp sensor goes into the Evap housing and doesn't actually attach to any a/c components that have freon running through them. I think it's just a sensor that tells the PCM when the evap starts to freeze.

Comment

Fucking Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X