No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your donor have the power passenger seat lumbar support button surround plastic? My switch works, but the plasic surround that clips/fits into the seat base down on the side is screwed/half broken and hanging out on my '03 ultimate.

I don't really care if the colour matches or whatever, I'd just like to have it back in its proper place.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Classic lines of a Tudor box with superior driving dynamics and smooth 4.6 power = win!
      RyPow
      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
      2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
      1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
      2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
      2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Bullitt Vic looks so plain with steelies and a regular grille.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
          Does your donor have the power passenger seat lumbar support button surround plastic? My switch works, but the plasic surround that clips/fits into the seat base down on the side is screwed/half broken and hanging out on my '03 ultimate.

I don't really care if the colour matches or whatever, I'd just like to have it back in its proper place.
          Both seats have lumbar. Pass side is kinda hard to get to at the moment as I have a car parked right up against the other car. Are those covers same on driver and pass side? Either way if it's intact you can have it. Just pay the shipping. The interior color is light flint if I am not mistaken.

Comment

I don't even need the switch but I'll take the whole thing if it's easier to just yank it and unplug the switch wiring. I can get a pic tomorrow if you want to see mine where the clip into seat part is broken. It may help give an idea how to yank properly. Thanks man.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

So I did a thing. Spent all day ripping body off the frame today of the donor car. Not high up enough yet to be able to roll the frame out but getting close. Got tired and called it a day. Will finish pulling it later.

Comment

I vote you put the whale body on the box frame.
                1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Not gonna have Whale body long enough. As soon as I pull the frame I am yanking any other parts that interest me and scrapping the body. I am doing this in my 2 car garage and barely have enough room to move my skinny ass around the cars.

Comment

I noticed real estate is at a premium in your garage.

What are you gonna do with the box frame? Scrap it?
                    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I really hate scrapping the box frame as it's mint. So, perhaps there is someone who needs one?

Comment

Would be a real shame to scrap it.

Comment

Nice work Serge. Surprised your working in this weather.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

This build sure is getting interesting. Look forward to more progress!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That is awesome.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Donor frame is out. Tomorrow I will attempt to lower the body onto the ground without killing myself. Then I will finish stripping it off and get it hauled away for scrap. After that I can start working on the box.

Comment

Working...
                                X