No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am talking about support at the rear of the frame before the bumper.

Comment

Ya, my 88 P72 has that.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Ahhh.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Your coupe was not originally black? I'm guessing, that is the original body color in that pic?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            Your coupe was not originally black? I'm guessing, that is the original body color in that pic?
            No, it was silver. Guy that owned it before me wanted to have it painted some fancy orange color. Unfortunately for him the painter decided it looked better in black so that's what it got. The paint job is garbage though, will have to be redone.
            Last edited by Mr Bean; 03-28-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Orange lol. Silver looks good on these cars.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                Making slow progress tonight. Cut a hole in the trunk and snapped the last body mount bolt.

Here is the bad spot. Turns out there is a channel underneath the trunk floor where water and dust can collect. There is actually a drain hole in the corner but mine was all clogged up with crap. No wonder it rusted.

I also did some more checking and measuring. Rear of the frame is exactly the same on box and whale. There are unused holes in the 07' frame that are being used on the 85'. Box rear bumper bolts right up to the 07' frame. They added an extra support to the 07' frame between the frame rails which is kinda nice actually. Makes it sturdier.

If everything goes according to plan I am hoping to test fit the 07' frame tomorrow.
                Excellent news for those with rotted or bad frames. There's more aeros/whales in the junkyards than boxes I see.

'93 T-bird
                '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                '88 Mark VII
                '86 CV

Comment

I had to rebuild that entire area on each side in my car. Good you are finding this now.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    Orange lol. Silver looks good on these cars.

I agree.
                    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

The time has come. Place your bets on whether or not it will simply bolt on.

I am sure my neighbors just love me.

Comment

Mang, you need to eventually turn this into a Stickied write up with step by step instructions on swapping boxes onto Aero-Whale-Etc frames/drivetrains.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

So whats the deal with BigNSlow now? Will it survive?
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            So whats the deal with BigNSlow now? Will it survive?
                            I have the result but I want to see some bets first. lol

Comment

Ah screw it. Here it is. Bolts right on, zero mods this far.

So knowing this the 03+ frame is a direct swap for 98-02 and will also be a direct swap for 92-97 with minor mods to the header panel. As far as 79-92 go the frame itself bolts right on. Will let you know tomorrow what's needed to get the nose installed.

Last edited by Mr Bean; 03-29-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

That's awesome. And also tells you how much Ford has changed the platform over the years.....

Comment

Working...
                                X